At Aside, we're on a mission to help people be more generous, more often. We’re the passionate and innovative tech start-up and platform behind Daffy, a fast-growing community built around a new, modern charitable giving platform. We believe that one of the most effective ways to create change is through building new products & services that change the market. Under the hood of Daffy is the most modern and affordable donor-advised fund (DAF), an account for giving similar to a 401K for retirement or a 529 plan for college, where our generous members can proactively manage their charitable funds.
We are looking for a motivated and organized DAF Operations Manager to manage the day-to-day brokerage and grant-making operations required to run a best-in-class DAF. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about social impact and has a strong background in brokerage operations, investment management, and/or grant-making. This individual will report to the Head of the DAF and be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operations of our DAF while providing exceptional support to our members and partners.
- Daily Operations: Accept charitable contributions of several different asset types (stock, ETFs, crypto, and cash), oversee asset trading and cash flows between our banking and brokerage partners, and process donation recommendations.
- Support Customer Success: Ensure a high level of member satisfaction for Aside customers by responding to service issues and coordinating with internal and external partners to address any operational issues.
- Financial Analysis: Review investment performance for the donor-advised fund for review by senior management and the board of directors, as well as to support new investment proposals.
- Relationship Building: Develop and maintain strong relationships with banking, brokerage, and nonprofit partners, as well as our members and advisors
- Streamline and Automate: Monitor and analyze operational data, identify trends, and collaborate with cross-functional partners for continuous improvement to create efficiency, improve lines of communication, and remove issues and blockers
- 3+ years experience in brokerage or investment management operations, grant-making, or customer support
- Passion for Daffy’s mission and fintech and non-profit space
- Customer focused with an eye toward operational efficiency and scalability
- Ownership mentality, driving customer outcomes by seeing issues and projects through to their conclusion
- Analytical and metrics-driven, with a test-and-learn approach to meeting goals
- Comfortable working independently and collaborating cross-functionally on a distributed team to drive customer outcomes
- Growth mindset and coachable, willing to jump in and learn new things
- Effective communication and writing skills
- A bachelor's degree from a four-year university
- Direct experience with bank or brokerage operations at a registered investment advisor (RIA), licensed broker-deal, or donor-advised fund
- Familiarity with cash and asset transfers (ACH, Wires, DTC, ACAT)
- Financial certifications or brokerage license, such as CFP, Series 7, Series 24, etc. are preferred
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary and stock options. (Salary Range: $110,000-$130,000)
- Hybrid or remote work options
- Unlimited paid time off
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401k w/ matching, life insurance, paid parental leave, and an almost absurd amount of branded SWAG
- $100 per month to give to the charity of your choice via Daffy
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission, and our members
- Numerous career growth opportunities and more importantly the rare opportunity to build something from the ground up that could have a big and meaningful impact on the world
Aside is the venture-backed technology company focused on helping people be more generous, more often. Started by technology veterans Adam Nash (Acorns, Wealthfront, Dropbox, LinkedIn) and veteran software engineer Alejandro Crosa (Slack, Twitter, LinkedIn), Aside has raised over $22 million in capital from Ribbit Capital, XYZ Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, and Silicon Ventures, as well as over 50 prominent angel investors. Aside is focused on leveraging technology to reinvent charitable giving and provides the innovative technology platform behind Daffy.org, a not-for-profit community built around a new, modern donor-advised fund.
Aside, Inc. is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It’s important to us that people of all identities and backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all identities and backgrounds to apply.