At Aside, we're on a mission to help people be more generous, more often. We’re the passionate and innovative tech start-up and platform behind Daffy, a fast-growing community built around a new, modern charitable giving platform. We believe that one of the most effective ways to create change is through building new products & services that change the market. Under the hood of Daffy is the most modern and affordable donor-advised fund (DAF), an account for giving similar to a 401K for retirement or a 529 plan for college, where our generous members can proactively manage their charitable funds.
We are looking to hire our first product manager to help Daffy scale as the platform continues to grow. This role will work closely with the co-founders and executive team to define and execute on product strategy, prioritization, and execution of features focused on the scalability of our donor operations, member experience, and new features. This is not a role for the faint of heart: Daffy moves quickly and ships more new features in a year than the incumbents ship in a decade.
- Strategy: Align teams on a shared vision and steer execution on that vision. Work with the co-founders and executive team to define and update the product strategy to help Daffy scale its product & operations through exponential growth.
- Prioritization: Work closely with the donor operations & customer success teams to prioritize the ongoing product roadmap by categorizing issues by volume & severity and targeting the problems that have the most significant impact on our members and our organization.
- Execution: Work closely with engineering & design to ship experiments and features that directly impact our member experience & operational scalability. Own the full product lifecycle from conception to launch, usage, and optimization.
- Collaboration: Monitor and analyze operational data, identify trends, and collaborate with cross-functional partners for continuous improvement to create efficiency, improve lines of communication, and remove issues and blockers
- Partnership: Constantly evaluate and explore new partnerships and platforms that can unlock new capabilities and features for both scalability and improved member experience.
- 4+ years of product experience in a consumer or fintech company.
- Customer-focused with an eye toward operational efficiency and scalability.
- Strong product sense and an almost irrational love of creating delightful experiences.
- Ownership mentality, driving customer outcomes by seeing issues and projects through to their conclusion.
- Analytical and metrics-driven, with a test-and-learn approach to meeting goals. Not afraid to make decisions with incomplete information and be accountable for the results.
- Comfortable working independently and collaborating cross-functionally on a distributed team to drive customer outcomes.
- Growth mindset and coachable, willing to jump in and learn new things.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- A bachelor's and/or master's degree in a relevant discipline
- Direct experience at a fast-growing, venture-backed startup
- Passion for personal finance, taxes, and investing
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Hybrid or remote work options
- Unlimited paid time off
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401k w/ matching, life insurance, paid parental leave, and an almost absurd amount of branded SWAG
- $100 per month to give to the charity of your choice via Daffy for Work
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission, and our members
- Numerous career growth opportunities and more importantly the rare opportunity to build something from the ground up that could have a big and meaningful impact on the world
Aside is the venture-backed technology company focused on helping people be more generous, more often. Started by technology veterans Adam Nash (Acorns, Wealthfront, Dropbox, LinkedIn) and veteran software engineer Alejandro Crosa (Slack, Twitter, LinkedIn), Aside has raised over $22 million in capital from Ribbit Capital, XYZ Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, and Silicon Ventures, as well as over 50 prominent angel investors. Aside is focused on leveraging technology to reinvent charitable giving and provides the innovative technology platform behind Daffy.org, a not-for-profit community built around a new, modern donor-advised fund.
Aside, Inc. is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It’s important to us that people of all identities and backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all identities and backgrounds to apply.