Abraham House, Inc.
Abraham House, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Abraham House, Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
Abraham House's mission is to prevent criminal relapse among the incarcerated and to stop the intergenerational cycle of crime by offering individuals, youth, and families affected by incarceration and other societal ills a place of hope and community where lives can be rebuilt, families mended, and lessons learned; where men, women, and children receive the spiritual, social and practical tools to become productive citizens. Serving former offenders and their families, as well as families in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx – one of the poorest neighborhoods in America – Abraham House works to address the root causes of poverty to move individuals and families away from the high risk factors of poverty and crime toward a life of self-sufficiency, stability, and opportunity. This is accomplished through three core programs tailored to each population it serves: The Alternative to Incarceration Program, After School Program, and Family and Pastoral Center.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as stated in the filing, is “Abraham house is a grassroots organization that offers holistic programs and services for those involved in the criminal justice system, and for youth and families affected by incarceration and other social factors such as poverty, violence, truancy, and a lack of quality education.”.
When referring to its actions, they were outlined as: “See schedule o”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal obligations by reporting their state of operation as NY.
- The non-profit's address in 2017 is noted in the filing as 342 WILLIS AVENUE, BRONX, NY, 10454.
- The non-profit's form for 2017 reports a total of 23 employees.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is -$285,959.
- The organization has 11 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1993.
- The organization pays $506,454 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $49,702 in fundraising expenses.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Columbia University in the City of New York, Trustees of
New York, NY
One of the world's most important centers of research, Columbia University is also a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.