Refugee & Immigrant Center For Education & Legal Services
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To defend the rights of immigrants and refugees, empower individuals, families, and communities, and advocate for liberty and justice.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
From their filing, the objective of the non-profit is stated as “Raices promotes justice by providing free and low cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families and refugees in central and south texas.”.
When talking about its functions, they were outlined as: “Raices defends the rights of immigrants and refugees, empowers individuals, families and communities and advocates for liberty and justice.”.
- The legally reported state of operation for the non-profit is TX.
- According to the filing, the non-profit's address in 2019 is 5121 CRESTWAY DRIVE 105, SAN ANTONIO, TX, 78239.
- The non-profit organization as of 2019 has a total of 230 employees reported on their form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $42,080,790.
- The CEO's compensation within the organization is determined through a thorough evaluation by an impartial entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 7 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1986.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $7,839,170 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $874,677 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Akas DarbarRichmond, TX
This is a non-profit organization which educates people to bring positive change in the world we live in for the betterment of humanity. It helps connect people with the Abrahamic tradition and how the ethics and values relate to a modern interpretation God's message, regardless of gender, class, religion, creed or any other superficial factor that divides our common humanity. Purpose: Our mission is to mobilize the community to transition & enlighten lives in the name of God. Our primary work is to spread a modern interpretation of God's message to all people to meet the needs of humanity. Our values: Integrity - we remain true to our mission. Openness - we welcome everyone from the community regardless of gender, class, religion, creed or any other superficial factor that divides our common humanity.
Casa Juan DiegoHouston, TX
Casa Juan Diego was founded in 1980, following the Catholic Worker model of Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin, to serve immigrants and refugees and the poor. From one small house it has grown to nine houses. Casa Juan Diego publishes a newspaper, the Houston Catholic Worker, four times a year to share the values of the Catholic Worker movement and the stories of the immigrants and refugees uprooted by the realities of the global economy. House of Hospitality: Hospitality and services for immigrant women, men, and children.