The UCLA Foundation
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Actively promoting philanthropy and managing donated resources for the advancement of UCLA.
Through The UCLA Foundation, generous donors participate with building, sustaining and advancing the university. While there was a time when state funds covered almost every dollar UCLA needed to operate, today only six percent of the university’s total budget is paid for through the state’s general fund. Private philanthropy provides the resources UCLA requires to continue growing its stature as a global leader in the creation, sharing and application of knowledge. Specifically, The Foundation: - Receives contributions made by alumni, friends, private foundations and corporations on behalf of UCLA’s many schools, units and departments - Disburses the contributions according to the expressed wishes of the donor - Oversees the donated resources and investment assets, which are managed by the nonprofit UCLA Investment Company - Actively promotes philanthropy across the campus
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing specifies the mission of the non-profit as “The ucla foundation is the giving, receiving, and investing arm of the ucla campus. the foundation enables private donors to help build, sustain and advance one of the world's finest academic and research institutions. private philanthropy provides the margin of excellence that makes ucla stand out and stand above the rest.”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “The mission of the ucla foundation is to actively promote philanthropy and manage donated resources for the advancement of ucla.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is authorized to operate legally is CA.
- According to the filing, the address of the non-profit for the year 2020 is BOX 951405 2224 Murphy Hall, LOS ANGELES, CA, 90095.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2020 reports a total of 0 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $224,497,218.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is not based on a thorough evaluation and endorsement by an impartial entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 20 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1945.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $0 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
UC Davis FoundationDavis, CA
The UC Davis Foundation is a nonprofit organization that plays an essential role in sustaining and enhancing the excellence of UC Davis by highlighting the impacts of philanthropy and stewarding private donations to the university. It is governed by a distinguished volunteer Board of Trustees.
California State University, Bakersfield FoundationBakersfield, CA
The mission of the California State University, Bakersfield Foundation is to support California State University, Bakersfield by advocating on behalf of the university, fundraising for university programs and activities, and managing the finances of the foundation and the university endowment. California State University, Bakersfield is a comprehensive public university committed to offering excellent undergraduate and graduate programs that advance the intellectual and personal development of its students. An emphasis on student learning is enhanced by a commitment to scholarship, diversity, service, global awareness and life-long learning.
The Foundation for Santa Barbara City CollegeSanta Barbara, CA
The Santa Barbara City College Foundation works in partnership with Santa Barbara City College (SBCC) to provide private philanthropic support by serving as the vehicle through which individuals and organizations may invest in the college and its students. The foundation provides more than $5 million annually for student success programs, scholarships, and book grants to support SBCC students as they prepare for careers, transfer to four-year universities, and pursue lifelong learning goals.
California State University, Los Angeles FoundationLos Angeles, CA
The mission of the Cal State LA Foundation is to advance the educational, cultural, scholarly, and creative activities and the role of community service of California State University, Los Angeles, by increasing private funding, responsibly managing donated resources and supporting the University and its diverse and distinct nature.
University Foundation at Sacramento StateSacramento, CA
THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION PROMOTES PHILANTHROPY TO PROVIDE A LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE AT THE UNIVERSITY BEYOND WHAT IS POSSIBLE THROUGH STATE FUNDS.THE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION ACCOMPLISH THIS MISSION BY HELPING TO RAISE PRIVATE RESOURCES THAT ADVANCE THE MISSION AND PRIORITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY AND SERVING AS AMBASSADORS FOR PHILANTHROPY IN THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY. THE BOARD PROVIDES STEWARDSHIP IN THE PRUDENT INVESTMENT OF RESOURCES, ENSURING THE INTEGRITY OF THE FOUNDATION THROUGH ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN ITS DEALINGS.
Cal State East Bay Educational FoundationHayward, CA
The Cal State East Bay Educational Foundation supports the university's mission to provide educational excellence for a diverse society through advocacy, development, personal contributions, and counsel to the university's advancement program. Trustees have a passionate commitment to educational excellence and diversity. In partnership with the Office of University Advancement, the foundation takes responsibility for development, public affairs, alumni relations and donor stewardship activities, and the financial management of gifts received for the benefit of the university and its programs.