NFI North, Inc.
NFI North, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for NFI North, Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
NFI North was created at a time when people struggling with mental illness or behavioral problems were institutionalized. As a result of this widespread practice, people's lives and futures were adversely affected. Today, stigma and discrimination still exist—but as millions of us raise our voices, harmful misconceptions are beginning to fall. We provide services that empower and inspire people to reach their full potential. NFI North provides an array of services across ME and NH. The agency is an accredited, well-recognized, high-quality, nonprofit organization whose focus is on helping people help themselves. We accomplish this by providing specialized education, counseling, supported employment, foster care, residential services, as well as many other forms of care.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as described in the filing, is “Nfi north provides residential, community based and in-home services for children, youth, adults and families.”.
When describing its duties, they were characterized as: “Nfi north, inc, provides residential, community based and in-home services for children, youth, adults and families”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal regulations by reporting their state of operation as NH.
- The filing shows that the non-profit's address as of 2017 is 40 PARK LANE, CONTOOCOOK, NH, 03229.
- As of 2017, the non-profit has reported a total of 454 employees on their form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $934,658.
- The compensation of the CEO of the organization is subject to review and approval by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that delegates the management duties.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 8 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1992.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $13,678,967 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $4,650 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Monadnock Developmental Services
The mission of MDS is to work toward inclusion, participation and mutual relationships for all people who are at risk of isolation from community. We will foster self-determination and quality of life, develop an environment which encourages creativity, innovation and individuality, and ensure quality of supports.
Lakes Region Community Services Council
LAKES REGION COMMUNITY SERVICES COUNCIL (LRCSC) IS A COMMUNITY BASED PRIVATE, NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION AND IS ONE OF THE 10 AREA AGENCIES DESIGNATED BY THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, BUREAU OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES TO PROVIDE SERVICES TO INDIVIDUALS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES AND ACQUIRED BRAIN DISORDERS AND THEIR FAMILIES IN BELKNAP AND SOUTHERN GRAFTON COUNTIES. THE MISSION OF LRCS IS "DEDICATED TO SERVING THE COMMUNITY BY PROMOTING INDEPENDENCE, OPPORTUNITY AND DIGNITY".