Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Paragon Media? Learn more here.
About this organization
TO PRODUCE DOCUMENTARY FILMS, VIDEO AND MOVING PICTURES THAT ARE EDUCATIONAL IN NATURE AND ADDRESS CRITICAL SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC ISSUES
GENOMANIA IS A DOCUMENTARY FILM THAT EXPLORES THE HISTORY AND SCIENCE OF THE "CENTURY OF THE GENE, " AND THE NEW GROUND-BREAKING DEVELOPMENTS IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY. AT THE TURN OF THE NEW MILLENNIUM , SCIENTISTS COMPLETED THE FIRST MAP OF THE HUMAN GENOME, THIS LANDMARK PROJECT AND ITS FOLLOW UP PROJECT, ENCDE, GENERATED A GREAT DEAL OF EXCITEMENT WITH THEIR SURPRISING RESULTS. SCIENTISTS DISCOVERED A GREAT DEAL OF COMPLEXITY THAT THEY DID NOT ANTICIPATE, AND WERE FACED WITH FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THEIR ASSUMPTIONS OF HOW BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS OPERATE; PARTICULARLY THE CONCEPT OF GENOMANIA EXPLORES WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, AND THE INFLUENCE THAT THE CONCEPT OF THE GENE HAS HAD OF PARTICULAR CULTURE...
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The non-profit's mission is outlined in the filing as being “To produce documentary films, video and moving pictures that are educational in nature and address critical social and economic issues”.
When outlining its responsibilities, they were referred to as: “To produce documentary films, video and moving pictures that are educational in nature and address critical social and economic issues”.
- The state in which the non-profit operates has been officially reported as CA.
- The filing reveals the non-profit's address in 2019 to be 4510 CHERRYVALE AVENUE, SOQUEL, CA, 95073.
- As per the non-profit's form for 2019, they have 1 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are less than $100,000.
- Revenue is less than $100,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$1,310.
- The CEO salary policy within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an impartial party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 1 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2005.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $0 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
San Francisco, CA
Founded in 2003, Common Sense is the nation’s leading nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology. We exist because our nation's children spend more time with media and technology than they do with their families or in school, which profoundly impacts their social, emotional, and physical development as well as how they learn.
Center For The Collaborative Classroom
Center for the Collaborative Classroom is a nonprofit organization dedicated to students’ growth as critical thinkers who learn from, care for, and respect one another. In order to provide a sustainable, scalable, and affordable way for schools and districts to grow research-supported teaching practices, we offer educative curricula along with powerful professional learning plans that support teachers with helping students grow as readers, writers, and thinkers as they develop the social and emotional skills necessary to thrive.
Rethink Media Inc
ReThink Media is a unique non-profit founded with a clear mission: to strengthen movements through building the communications and collaborative capacity of local, state, and national advocacy groups working toward a more constructive national security policy, the protection of human and civil rights, and strengthening our democracy. We increase the diversity and amplify the voices of spokespeople, experts, and allies. We provide in-depth media, messaging, and opinion research to inform movement strategy. We help groups develop their communications skills and grow field-wide collaborative capacity. We support groups in catalyzing coordinated action and unified messaging with the aim of reaching the broadest possible audience––and ultimately, to win.
Center For Asian American Media
San Francisco, CA
The mission of the Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) is to present stories that convey the richness and diversity of Asian American experiences to the broadest audience possible. CAAM is the leading Asian American media arts organization in the nation and a leading San Francisco arts and culture organization. CAAM accomplishes its mission by funding, producing, distributing and exhibiting works in film, television and digital media.
Center For Media Change Inc
Hack the Hood empowers under-resourced youth of color with knowledge, skills, and relationships needed to succeed in tech careers. Through mentorship, culturally-relevant knowledge, 21st-century skills, and community partnerships, we believe youth can become creators of change in their communities.