Boy Scouts of America
Boy Scouts of America
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Boy Scouts of America? Learn more here.
About this organization
The Boy Scouts of America is the nation's foremost youth program of character development and values-based leadership training. In the future Scouting will continue to: offer young people responsible fun and adventure; instill in young people lifetime values and develop in them ethical character as expressed in the Scout Oath and Law; train young people in citizenship, service, and leadership; serve Americas communities and families with its quality, values-based program.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “Provide scouting services”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “Provide scouting services”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is MO, as reported.
- The filing confirms that the non-profit's address in 2017 was 1203 FAY STREET, COLUMBIA, MO, 65201.
- The form of the non-profit reports 63 employees as of 2017.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $1,294,367.
- The remuneration of the CEO of the organization is based on an independent review and approval process.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 75 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1940.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization's financial statements were compiled or reviewed by an accountant.
- The organization pays $1,014,435 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $329,709 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Christ In Youth Inc
We call youth to Christ and into lives of Kingdom work through His church. God has uniquely created each of us with special gifts, talents and abilities that He wants us to use for His Kingdom. When young generations understand and embrace Christ's call on their lives, they mobilize in ways that affect change all over the world. Why does CIY amplify Christ's call on a student's life to be a Kingdom worker? Because they are made for it.
Child Evangelism Fellowship Inc.
CHILD EVANGELISM FELLOWSHIP IS A BIBLE-CENTERED, WORLDWIDE ORGANIZATION COMPOSED OF BORN-AGAIN BELIEVERS WHOSE PURPOSE IS TO EVANGELIZE AND DISCIPLE CHILDREN WITH THE GOSPEL OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST THROUGH VARIOUS CLASSES AND PROGRAMS, TO TRAIN INDIVIDUALS TO BECOME VOLUNTEER TEACHERS AND TO PRODUCE LITERATURE RELATING TO THE MINISTRIES.
Boys & Girls Clubs Of Greater Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City is to promote the development of self-esteem, values, and skills for boys and girls, ages 5 to 18, with special emphasis on youth from disadvantaged circumstances. Our primary organizational focus is on supporting and guiding all active members to graduate high school with post-secondary plans in place. We strive to provide life-changing programs at eight Club units across the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, including six traditional Club sites and two school sites. We have three Club Units in Independence, Missouri; three Club Units in Kansas City, Missouri; one Club Unit in Kansas City, Kansas; and one Club Unit in Olathe, Kansas. Club membership is open to all children, ages 5-18. Each member is asked to pay an annual membership fee of $15 per year. For this amount, Club members may be in the Club anytime it is open. Each Club offers more than twenty youth development programs delivered within the framework of five core areas: Education & Career Development, Healthy Lifestyles, Public Speaking & Leadership, the Arts, and Technology. Our members are predominantly living in our community's toughest neighborhoods and face a number of additional hurdles in their lives. The Clubs provide a a beacon of hope and opportunity for the young people who need us most. Our goal is to provide our members with what each of us wants for the young people in our lives - healthy meals, access to opportunities, exposure to new ideas and experiences, and a positive outlet to mold and follow aspirations. During the summer, our Clubs are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. every weekday for nine weeks. This component of our overall programming provides rigorous STEM and literacy enrichment programming, which has made substantial impact on summer learning loss over the last several years. We supplement year round staff with certified teachers to maximize impact during the summer. But it is still the Club, thus providing a fun outlet as well as a learning environment for our members all summer long.