- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Advertising and Analytics
- Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account and profile, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a donation, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, physical address, phone number, photo or image, financial information (including credit card, financial institution, brokerage account information (for stock donations), and other payment information (such as for cryptocurrency donations)), and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise interact with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transactional Information: When you donate or a make a donation request, we collect information about the transaction, such as amount donated or requested, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those that perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from the financial institutions from which you choose to make donations.
If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about you, such as your username, profile information, and any additional information you choose to provide. Additionally, if you create or log into your Daffy account through a third-party platform (such as Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address, or infer charities or causes that you might be interested in based on your prior donations.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to administer your account and facilitate donations. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customer experience surveys;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Daffy and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Daffy and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Advertising and Analytics
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Daffy is headquartered in the United States, and we may process your information in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account at daffy.org or in our mobile application, emailing us at email@example.com, or writing to us at Daffy Charitable Fund, 221 Main Street, #2061, Los Altos, CA 94023. If you wish to delete your account, please contact Daffy Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Daffy by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or transactions.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.