Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Harvard University? Learn more here.
About this organization
As a research university and nonprofit institution, Harvard is focused on creating educational opportunities for people from many lived experiences.
Harvard’s research, scholarship, and educational opportunities are made possible by an endowment. Our endowment includes thousands of philanthropic gifts donated since Harvard’s early history, many of which were given to support specific aspects of the University’s work. These gifts form a permanent source of funding that connects scholars and learners from many diverse backgrounds with opportunities at Harvard, now and into the future.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as indicated in the filing, is “Undergraduate, graduate, and professional education and research across a broad array of academic domains.”.
When referring to its functions, they were specified as: “Undergraduate, graduate, and professional education and research across a broad array of academic domains.”.
- The non-profit has reported their operating state as MA, as required by law.
- As stated in the filing, the non-profit's address in 2017 was 1033 MASSACHUSETTS AVENUE 3RD FL, CAMBRIDGE, MA, 02138.
- The non-profit's form reports a total of 37684 employees as of 2017.
- The non-profit has outstanding loans as of 2017.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Operates a school.
- Collects art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$471,999,928.
- The CEO's salary policy within the organization is established through a review process by an impartial entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 9 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 1650.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $2,194,066,871 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $174,463,060 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization grants to a related person.
- The organization has a business related family member transaction.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The mission of MIT is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. The Institute is committed to generating, disseminating, and preserving knowledge, and to working with others to bring this knowledge to bear on the world’s great challenges. MIT is dedicated to providing its students with an education that combines rigorous academic study and the excitement of discovery with the support and intellectual stimulation of a diverse campus community. We seek to develop in each member of the MIT community the ability and passion to work wisely, creatively, and effectively for the betterment of humankind.