LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR of Greater Boston, INC.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The Little Sisters of the Poor are an international congregation of Roman Catholic women religious founded in 1839 by Saint Jeanne Jugan. Together with a diverse network of collaborators, we serve the elderly poor in over 30 countries around the world. Continuing the work of Saint Jeanne Jugan, our MISSION is to offer the neediest elderly of every race and religion a home where they will be welcomed as Christ, cared for as family and accompanied with dignity until God calls them to himself. Our VISION is to contribute to the Culture of Life by nurturing communities where each person is valued, the solidarity of the human family and the wisdom of age are celebrated, and the compassionate love of Christ is shared with all.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as documented in the filing, is “Elder care for the poor”.
When explaining its purpose, the activities were described as: “Elder care for the poor”.
- The non-profit is legally allowed to operate in the state of MA, as reported.
- The filing provides the non-profit's address in 2020 as 186 HIGHLAND AVENUE, SOMERVILLE, MA, 02143.
- The non-profit has a total of 147 employees, as reported on their form for 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $291,080.
- The CEO compensation strategy within the organization is determined through a review and approval process by a neutral party.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 4 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1872.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $4,129,311 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $98,723 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Ridge Health Services Inc.Schenectady, NY
In keeping with the mission of Schenectady ARC, it is the mission of Ridge Health Services, Inc. to be committed to helping people in the capital region enjoy healthy, rewarding lives as members of their community. Schenectady ARC brings staff, families and the community together to encourage dreams and respond to each person's life choices. Ridge Health Services, Inc. assists in this effort by offering high quality primary medical, psychiatric, and podiatry services, resources and supports.