Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Inc.
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
Founded in 1947, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's mission is to provide expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention of cancer and related diseases. As an affiliate of Harvard Medical School and a Comprehensive Cancer Center designated by the National Cancer Institute, the Institute also provides training for new generations of physicians and scientists, designs programs that promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations and disseminates innovative patient therapies and scientific discoveries in Boston, across the United States and throughout the world.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing reveals the mission of the non-profit as “The mission of dana-farber cancer institute is to provide expert, compassionate care to children and adults with cancer while advancing the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, cure, and prevention of cancer and related diseases. as an affiliate of harvard medical school and a comprehensive cancer center designated by the national cancer institute, the institute also provides training for new generations of physicians and scientists, designs programs that promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations, and disseminates innovative patient therapies and scientific discoveries to our target community across the united states and throughout the world.”.
When detailing its functions, they were listed as: “The mission of dfci is to provide expert, compassionate care to compassionate care to children and adults with cancer & advance the treatment, cure, and prevention of cancer & related diseases.”.
- According to the law, the state where the non-profit operates has been reported as MA.
- The filing specifies that the non-profit's address in 2017 was 450 BROOKLINE AVE, Boston, MA, 02215.
- As of 2017, the non-profit's form shows they have a total of 5440 employees.
- The non-profit has loans outstanding as of 2017.
- Operates a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $31,464,272.
- The CEO compensation scheme within the organization is based on a review and endorsement process by a neutral entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 67 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 1951.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $449,338,575 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $32,798,042 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Boston Medical Center Corporation
Our Mission: Boston Medical Center will provide consistently excellent and accessible health services to all in need of care regardless of status and ability to pay. Our Vision: Our vision is to meet the health needs of the people of Boston and its surrounding communities by providing high quality comprehensive care to all, particularly mindful of the needs of the vulnerable populations, through our integrated delivery system, in an ethically and financially responsible manner.
Lahey Clinic Hospital Inc
OUTPATIENT SERVICES LAHEY CLINIC HOSPITAL OPERATES THE TWO LAHEY HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER CAMPUSES. LAHEY HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER (LHMC), BURLINGTON, IS A TERTIARY CARE FACILITY AND ACADEMIC MEDICAL CENTER. LAHEY MEDICAL CENTER (LMC), PEABODY, IS A FULL-SERVICE, COMMUNITY-BASED HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER. LHMC RECOGNIZES THE INCREASING DEMAND FOR EFFICIENT, HIGH-QUALITY, RESPONSIVE CARE HEALTH CARE SERVICES IN THE COMMUNITY. LHMC PROUDLY ADDRESSES THIS NEED BY PROVIDING TOP-QUALITY, SUPERIOR PATIENT CARE THROUGH A WIDE RANGE OF OUTPATIENT SERVICES, INCLUDING ONCOLOGY, RADIOLOGY, PULMONOLOGY, CARDIOLOGY, AS WELL AS REHABILITATION AND RECOVERY SERVICES. AT LHMC AND LMC, HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS AND OTHER CLINICAL STAFF WORK TOGETHER IN A COORDINATED, MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH TO PROVIDE PATIENTS WITH THE MOST INTEGRATED, COMPREHENSIVE CARE, AND THE MOST ADVANCED TREATMENTS TO ACHIEVE THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOMES. HOSPITAL ACTIVITIES ARE SUPPORTED BY A VARIETY OF DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES. PROGRAMS AVAILABLE IN DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY INCLUDE MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI), MAGNETIC RESONANCE ANGIOGRAPHY, FUNCTIONAL MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING, COMPUTERIZED AXIAL TOMOGRAPHY (CAT) AND COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHY ANGIOGRAPHY AND POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY (PET-CT), IN ADDITION TO A NUCLEAR MEDICINE PROGRAM. LHMC ALSO HAS A DEDICATED INTERVENTIONAL NEURORADIOLOGY SERVICE. RADIATION ONCOLOGY PROVIDES COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT FOR PATIENTS WITH CANCER THROUGH THE USE OF THREE LINEAR ACCELERATORS AND SOPHISTICATED COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FOR TREATMENT PLANNING, WHICH INCLUDES CAT SIMULATORS. THE BURLINGTON CAMPUS ALSO OFFERS A FULL RANGE OF CARDIAC DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC MODALITIES, INCLUDING A CARDIAC CATHETERIZATION LABORATORY AND TWO ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY LABORATORIES. OTHER SERVICES INCLUDE A FULLY ACCREDITED MAMMOGRAPHY SERVICE, MAGNETIC RESONANCE MAMMOGRAPHY AND ULTRASOUND SERVICES UTILIZED BY A RANGE OF MEDICAL AND SURGICAL SUBSPECIALTIES.THE MEDICAL CENTER IN PEABODY SERVES MORE THAN 800 OUTPATIENTS PER DAY AND DURING THE PERIOD COVERED BY THIS FILING LHMC IN BURLINGTON PERFORMED APPROXIMATELY 13,000 SURGICAL OUTPATIENT CASES.