Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Habitat Greater Boston helps low-income families by building or rehabilitating affordable homes with volunteers, donors, and partner families. We believe homeownership is a vital step to help families break generational cycles of poverty. Families are selected for our program based on need, willingness to partner, and ability to pay an affordable mortgage. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as indicated in the filing, is “To build homes in partnership with low-income families with volunteer labor, donated materials and charitable gifts. habitat for humanity greater boston, inc. conducts homeownership classes and provides families with 0% interest loans, making homeownership affordable.”.
When referring to its functions, they were specified as: “To build homes in partnership with low-income families with volunteer labor, donated materials and charitable gifts. habitat for humanity greater boston, inc. conducts homeownership classes and provides families with 0% interest loans, making homeownership affordable.”.
- The non-profit has reported their operating state as MA, as required by law.
- As stated in the filing, the non-profit's address in 2020 was 240 COMMERCIAL STREET, BOSTON, MA, 02109.
- The non-profit's form reports a total of 42 employees as of 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $330,908.
- The CEO's salary policy within the organization is established through a review process by an impartial entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 10 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1987.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,395,338 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $382,767 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Ten Cross Street CorporationNewton Centre, MA
Ten Cross Street Corporation is one of four (4) HUD entities affiliated with the Newton-Wellesley-Weston Committee for Community Living Inc. (NWW). Its mission is to provide affordable quality housing to approximately 30 adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are referred and funded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services and are clients of NWW.
Harborlight Community PartnersBeverly, MA
Harborlight Community Partners (HCP), is a non-profit, Massachusetts-certified Community Development Corporation. We develop, manage and advocate for quality, service-enriched housing that is affordable and inclusive, collaborating with communities to cultivate just, equitable and sustainable housing opportunities vital to the health and strength of our entire region. By focusing on the housing needs of under-served populations and creating, preserving and ing, safe, affordable housing with supplemental supportive services, HCP strives to make homes available to all, because everyone deserves a home.
Turning Point IncNewburyport, MA
Turning Point, Inc. is a non-profit organization that is committed to providing exceptional services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Turning Point, with its team of dedicated employees, strives to teach, empower, and encourage individuals to be self-confident and make positive contributions to their communities. In doing so, we remain committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for their journey.
Berkshire Housing Development CorpPittsfield, MA
Development and operation of housing and community development projects and programs that benefit low and moderate income people. Most significant current activities are developing affordable housing, administering the Section 8 HCV Program, administering housing assistance programs including RAFT, HomeBASE and Neighbor to Neighbor and operating the regionb
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.