Straight Ahead Ministries, Inc.
Straight Ahead Ministries, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Straight Ahead Ministries, Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
Headquartered in Worcester, MA, Straight Ahead Ministries is a national non-profit that reduces recidivism among juvenile and young adult offenders through programs in correctional facilities and in the community. Since 1987, SAM has served more than 75,000 youth in over 400 secure facilities across the nation. We have worked closely with the MA Department of Youth Services for more than 28 years to serve high-risk juvenile offenders.
YOUTH REENTRY PROGRAM: PARTNERING WITH INNER CITY CHURCHES, VOLUNTEERS AND EMPLOYEES TO INTEGRATE JUVENILE OFFENDERS BACK INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLLOWING RELEASE FROM DETENTION FACILITIES.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is listed in the filing as “Straight ahead ministriesis dedicated to”.
When discussing its operations, they were characterized as: “Straight ahead ministriesis dedicated to reducing recidivism among young offenders through faith-based programs in juvenile detention centers and an array of re-integration that blendsa relationship model involving peer and adult mentoring provided by volunteers and other community resources, and a professional case management model.”.
- The non-profit's legally reported state of operation is MA.
- The filing states that the non-profit's address in the year 2017 is 791 MAIN ST, WORCESTER, MA, 01610.
- The form submitted by the non-profit for 2017 shows a total of 86 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$161,733.
- The remuneration plan for the CEO of the organization is based on a review and approval process by a neutral entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 8 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1990.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,693,066 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $232,562 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Haymakers For Hope Inc
Haymakers for Hope’s mission is to knockout cancer the only way we know how, by literally fighting for a cure. We give everyday men and women the opportunity to fight back against this terrible disease by training for, and competing in charity boxing events to raise money and awareness. To prepare for each event, we combine the efforts of first time amateur boxing participants, local boxing gyms and volunteers. We hope to help give life saving researchers the resources needed to fully focus their efforts on finding a cure.
Reboot reimagines, reinvents and reinforces Jewish culture and traditions for wandering Jews and the world we live in. Reboot envisions powerful creative arts and cultural experiences – drawn from the rich treasures of Judaism – transforming, inspiring and rekindling Jewish connections and meaning in our day-to-day lives. As the premier R&D platform in the Jewish world, Reboot touches lives by engaging the most talented community of creatives to design, produce and share with the world enticing, imaginative, memorable and experiential projects and programs that are relevant for the 21st century.
Nessp Inc (New England Shirdi Sai Parivaar)
New England Shirdi Sai Parviaar (NESSP) is a non-profit, 501c3 organization. NESSP’s mission is to promote the philosophy of Shri Shirdi Sai Baba and to accordingly support religious, spiritual, cultural and charitable activities. To serve this mission, NESSP is working to establish a permanent Shri Shirdi Sai Mandir and Mission Center in the Greater Boston area of New England.