Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell? Learn more here.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell (HfHGL) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that works to strengthen families and communities by building and renovating, decent, safe, energy efficient and affordable homes. We work in partnership with corporations, like-minded community groups, faith-based organizations and individual volunteers.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing documents outline the non-profit's mission as “To strengthen families and communities through affordable home ownership. we accomplish this through two avenues - building new affordable homes and performing critical repairs on owner occupied homes in order to allow families to continue to live in their current homes.”.
When outlining the tasks it performs, they were referred to as: “To strengthen families and communities through affordable home ownership. we accomplish this through two avenues - building new affordable homes and performing critical repairs on owner occupied homes in order to allow families to continue to live in their current homes.”.
- The non-profit's reported state of operation is MA as per legal requirements.
- The filing reveals that the address of the non-profit in 2017 is 7 SLEIGH RIDE LANE, LITTLETON, MA, 01460.
- As of 2017, the non-profit has 22 employees reported on their 990 form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$362,761.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is established through a review and endorsement from an independent source.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 14 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1991.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $678,668 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $151,870 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has a business related family member transaction.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Housing Solutions for Southeastern Massachusetts Inc.
TO ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF LIFE FOR LOW AND MODERATE INCOME PEOPLE BY PROVIDING DECENT, SAFE AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING. HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR SOUTHEASTERN MASSACHUSETTS REALIZES ITS MISSION BY: ASSISTING FAMILIES IN FINDING APARTMENTS THEY CAN AFFORD; SUPPORTING FAMILIES AS THEY MOVE FORWARD TOWARD ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL INDEPENDENCE; AIDING INDIVIDUALS IN RECONNECTING WITH THEIR COMMUNITIES; OFFERING RELATED HOUSING AND HOMEOWNERSHIP EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS; HELPING CITIES AND TOWNS BUILD OR REHABILITATE HOUSING FOR THE ELDERLY; ACTING AS A CONSULTANT OR PARTNER WITH DEVELOPERS TO FACILITATE BUILDING AFFORDABLE FAMILY HOUSING; AND PROVIDING EXPERTISE TO CITIES AND TOWNS IN RENOVATING ROADS AND STREETS.
Hebrew Senior Life Inc.
Mission: To honor our elders, by respecting and promoting their independence, spiritual vigor, dignity and choice, and by recognizing that they are a resource to be cherished. As part of our mission, we accept special responsibility for the frailest and neediest members of our community who are most dependent on our care. Hebrew SeniorLife empowers seniors to live their healthiest, most fulfilling lives by: • Providing an integrated spectrum of quality health-care and housing facilities and services for seniors • Conducting gerontological research to improve seniors' health and quality of life • Teaching future generations of health-care professionals • Advocating for policies and programs that benefit seniors • Providing leadership in senior health care, housing, research and teaching