Rhode Island Hospital
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
As a founding hospital in the Lifespan health system, Rhode Island Hospital (RIH) is committed to its mission: Delivering health with care.
Patient Care:RIH is the State's largest hospital, and its only Level I trauma center and verified burn center. It is the Principal Teaching Hospital of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, and provides a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care services to inpatients and outpatients. RIH has particular expertise in cancer, cardiology, diabetes, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, and more. Hasbro Children's Hospital (HCH), RIH's pediatric division, is the region's premier provider of pediatric clinical care. HCH offers a broad spectrum of both routine care and specialty programs not available elsewhere and has the only pediatric emergency department, Level I trauma center, pediatric critical care teams, and 24-hour ambulance in the region. (Continued on Schedule O)
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as indicated in the filing, is “As a founding hospital in the lifespan health system, rih is committed to its mission: delivering health with care.”.
When referring to its functions, they were specified as: “As a founding hospital in the lifespan health system, rhode island hospital (rih) is committed to its mission: delivering health with care.”.
- The non-profit has reported their operating state as RI, as required by law.
- The non-profit's form reports a total of 9553 employees as of 2020.
- Operates a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Collects art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$29,576,598.
- The CEO's salary policy within the organization is established through a review process by an impartial entity.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 13 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1863.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $623,768,975 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
South County Hospital Healthcare System EndowmentWakefield, RI
South County Health is the preeminent resource for health in Washington County, RI, and beyond. Supporting community-based initiatives that improve health, it encompasses four Joint Commission-accredited healthcare entities: South County Hospital, South County Home Health, South County Medical Group, and South County Surgical Supply. Together, they provide a continuum of care and comprehensive range of advanced inpatient, outpatient and home health services.
Hopehealth Visiting NurseLincoln, RI
To improve the quality of life for the communities we serve through our core values. We provide caring and compassionate service by continually seeking quality in all we do, having a vision for the future needs of those we serve, and showing respect and dignity for every individual we see.
Sail to Prevail Inc.Newport, RI
See schedule O for mission. The mission of Sail to Prevail - the national disabled sailing program - is to teach children and adults with disabilities to overcome adversity through therapeutic sailing. Participants include children with pediatric cancer, autism, paralysis, and developmental disabilities, as well as wounded military personnel from the USA and other countries. Our program is evolving to also include members of the medical community, specifically resident doctors. With programs in several states, Sail to Prevail annually teaches more than 1,000 people with disabilities sailing skills in our fleet of specially adapted sailboats. Sail to Prevail is increasingly emphasizing the training of other knowledge-based sailors (including but not limited to an NCAA Division One collegiate sailing team) its proprietary therapeutic model, thus expanding the number of disabled participants it affects throughout the United States.
Rhode Island Hospital FoundationProvidence, RI
To be operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes, and more specifically, for the purpose of supporting and otherwise benefiting and being responsive to the needs of Lifespan Corporation and its affiliates. (see Schedule O)
Rhode Island Public Health Foundation Inc.Providence, RI
To promote community health and to eliminate health disparities in Rhode Island and beyond. With partners, the Organization develops innovative public health programs, conducts translational and policy research, and trains students and public health practitioners.
Rhode Island Free Clinic IncProvidence, RI
The mission of Rhode Island Free Clinic is to provide high-quality medical care and preventive health services to Rhode Island adults who do not have health insurance or cannot afford to purchase those services, and to serve as an educational site for trainees in health care fields. Care is provided by volunteer professionals in partnership with leading hospitals, institutions of higher learning, and community agencies, and includes acute and chronic medical care, dental care, preventive services, hospital care, health education.