Habitat for Humanity for Rhode Island South County
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, community and hope.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
In the filing, the mission of the non-profit is noted as “To reduce substandard housing by creating simple decent affordable homes in partnership with people in need in order to improve quality of life and provide greater security.”.
When referring to its responsibilities, they were outlined as: “To reduce substandard housing by creating simple decent affordable homes in partnership with people in need in order to improve quality of life and provide greater security.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally registered to operate is RI, as per legal records.
- The filing documents the non-profit's address in 2020 as 1555 SHANNOCK ROAD, CHARLESTOWN, RI, 02875.
- According to the non-profit's form, they have 14 employees on their payroll as of 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $297,911.
- The CEO remuneration plan within the organization is subject to review and approval by an independent source.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 13 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1990.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $457,079 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $61,497 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Hope of Life InternationalCranston, RI
Saving lives. From the moment Hope of Life was founded, our vision has been to rescue future generations of Guatemala and the world through the power of a practical Gospel, in which we never meet a spiritual need without first meeting a physical need. Our programming focuses on lasting impact and is driven by the Sustainable Development Goals. Our programs seek to transform generations from dependence to lasting independence, creating strong leaders for the world and for the Kingdom of God.
New England Laborers Apprenticeship Advancement FundProvidence, RI
To advance the laborers' apprenticeship program to formulate and institute secondary school curriculums applicable to the construction industry and to contribute toward the cost of instructors necessary to train students and to develop a higher degree of efficiency in the construction trade.
Thrive Behavioral Health IncWarwick, RI
Thrive Behavioral Health's mission is to improve the quality of life for men, women, children and families facing behavioral health challenges. Through a wide range of mental health, substance abuse and trauma-informed programs, and with the commitment of experienced and dedicated professionals, we are assisting people in their recovery.
Red TomatoProvidence, RI
Red Tomato creates opportunities for our region's farmers to become primary suppliers of a sustainable regional food system. We exist to connect farmers and consumers through marketing, trade, and education. We have a passionate belief that a farmer-focused, place-based, ecological, fair trade food system is the way to a better world. We operate in 9 Northeastern states to deliver fresh, high quality, safe fruits and vegetables to wholesale markets.
Star Kids Scholarship ProgramMiddletown, RI
To provide educational opportunities in the form of tuition aid to effective non-public schools, uniforms, after-school and summer programs, tutoring and mentoring for those high-risk, low-income children who have a parent with a history of incarceration and/or substance abuse.