Housatonic Habitat for Humanity
Housatonic Habitat for Humanity
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Housatonic Habitat for Humanity? Learn more here.
About this organization
Housatonic Habitat mobilizes the local community to provide home ownership opportunities to qualified households with moderate income. We are: • A charity that sells homes to working households who don't qualify for a traditional mortgage, on more affordable terms. • A social service agency that mentors working families on financial literacy. • A construction firm that stimulates the local economy with the local trades by building and renovating properties. • A home improvement thrift warehouse – ReStore -- which sells donated household and construction materials, both reusing the items and funding our mission • And, a force for change by mobilizing individuals, organizations, and corporations to transform properties into affordable homes that change lives and revitalize neighborhoods.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
From their filing, the objective of the non-profit is stated as “Housatonic habitat for humanity mobilizes the local community to provide affordable home ownership opportunities to local working families with limited assets who need a hand up to buy their first home. as a non profit, housatonic habitat also provides economic home repairs for low-income homeowners. it operates a restore home improvement thrift warehouse which recycles and reuses household materials.”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “Housatonic habitat for humanity mobilizes the local community to provide affordable home ownership opportunities to local working families with limited assets who need a hand up to buy their first home. as a non profit, housatonic habitat also provides economic home repairs for low-income homeowners. it operates a restore home improvement thrift warehouse which recycles and reuses household materials.”.
- The legally reported state of operation for the non-profit is CT.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2017 reports a total of 11 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is -$379,876.
- The CEO's compensation within the organization is determined through a thorough evaluation by an impartial entity.
- The organization has 12 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1991.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $268,536 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $53,148 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Save The Children Federation, Inc.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Mission: Together with our physicians, we provide a broad range of high-quality health and wellness services focused on the needs of our communities. Vision: Stamford Health is reimagining healing in every way, distinguishing ourselves as the most trusted healthcare partner for the communities we serve.