American Friends of Zvi Latzadik Breslov Research Institute Jerusalem
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The founding of the Breslov Research Institute was an outgrowth of the outreach work of Rabbi Zvi Aryeh Rosenfeld, who brought the teachings of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov (translation and commentary of Sippurey Ma’asiyot, parables and stories from Rebbe Nachman) to American shores beginning in the late 1940s.
Many Jews are unaffiliated and intimidated by organized Judaism, while others may be part of a Jewish community but still feel a lack of purpose and belonging. Yet ultimately, we each yearn for Jewish connection and meaning. To meet this spiritual and cultural need, the Breslov Research Institute (BRI) focuses its efforts on invigorating the Jewish soul through publishing and producing in all contemporary formats the timeless wisdom of Hasidic master, storyteller, and Kabbalist Rebbe Nachman of Breslov (1772-1810). While the initial form of its work was achieved through translating and publishing Rebbe Nachman’s and most of his close disciple Reb Noson’s writings–a library comprised of more than 100 titles–the BRI mission has been to acquaint and expose people to the power of Breslov teachings through all forms of information exchange–publication, video, web-based lectures, animation, conferences, and visits to Rebbe Nachman and Reb Noson’s Eastern European home villages.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing sets forth the mission of the non-profit as “Solicitation of contributions to be paid to exempt organizations, as described in sec 501(c)(3), for religious, charitable, educational and scientific purposes, including fostering jewish reigious education in israel by supposrting such institutions. organization mission also includes dissemination of the teachings of rabbi nachman thru publication and distribution of books and cds as well as seminars, lectures and study groups.”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “To foster jewish religious education and disseminate the teachings of rabbi nachman of breslov thru publication and distribution of books and cds, as well as seminars,lectures and study groups”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally permitted to operate is NY.
- The address of the non-profit for 2020 according to the filing is PO Box 587, Monsey, NY, 10952.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2020 reports a total of 2 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is -$14,782.
- The CEO compensation scheme within the organization is not based on a review and endorsement process by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 5 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1979.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $124,041 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $102,838 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has a business related organization transaction.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Emunah of America IncNew York, NY
Emunah of America provides donors, advocates, and volunteers the organization they require to care for the most vulnerable at-risk children and families in Israel and specific projects in the United States. Emunah of America drives social change by leading, mobilizing, and engaging volunteers to raise the necessary funds to change and impact lives. Emunah of America’s activities focus on supporting education, social welfare programs aiming to strengthen the Jewish family, advancing women's status, and Holocaust and anti-bias education in Israel and the United States. Our primary beneficiaries are Emunah Israel and other non-profits that partner with Emunah of America. All charity partners focus on social services for those in need.
King Hussein Foundation-UsNew York, NY
The King Hussein Foundation International was founded to build on his Majesty the late King Hussein's humanitarian vision and legacy in Jordan and abroad through programs that promote cross-cultural dialogue and understanding and are advancing social, economic and political opportunity throughout the Muslim and Arab world.
Acumen Fund IncNew York, NY
Acumen's mission is to change the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. Acumen invests patient, long-term capital in innovative and sustainable startups that deliver critical goods and services to the world's poor. Since 2001, we have invested $106 million in 96 companies that have attracted more than $522 million in follow-on capital and impacted 200 million lives. We work closely with our companies to help them overcome challenges and listen closely to customer feedback through our Lean Data work. Acumen also works to build a global community of emerging leaders that believe in creating a more inclusive world through the tools of both business and philanthropy. Since 2006, we have built a global community of more than 340 Fellows to support the next generation of leadership. We are partnering with great companies like Unilever, GE, IKEA Foundation, EY and Bain that understand the need for more inclusive business models. We have begun to share what we are learning through +Acumen, an online platform to help move ideas into action that has seen more than 400,000 sign-ups across 175 countries. Please visit www.acumen.org for more information.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.