Boys Hope Girls Hope of New York
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The mission of Boys Hope Girls Hope is to help academically capable and motivated youth-in-need to meet their full potential and become men and women for others by providing value-centered, family-like homes, opportunities and education through college.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing documents outline the non-profit's mission as “Boys hope girls hope of ny provides housing and educational assistance for at risk, motivated and educationally capable inner-city youth. these children are placed in a family environment that allows them to mature and succeed through guidance, education, financial support and encouragement.”.
When outlining the tasks it performs, they were referred to as: “To provide housing and educational assistance for at risk, motivated and educationally capable inner-city youth. these children are placed in a family environment that allows them to mature and succeed through guidance, education, financial support and encouragement.”.
- The non-profit's reported state of operation is NY as per legal requirements.
- The filing reveals that the address of the non-profit in 2020 is 367 Clermont Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11238.
- As of 2020, the non-profit has 25 employees reported on their 990 form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$715,759.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is established through a review and endorsement from an independent source.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 33 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1979.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,230,058 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $209,993 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Friends of Bird Life International, Inc.New York, NY
The purpose of Friends of BirdLife International, Inc. is to fund grants for BirdLife International’s global conservation work. BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership, uniting over 100 national partners worldwide. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of wildlife and people. We are proud to be the world leader in bird conservation. Underpinned by cutting-edge scientific research, we work on the ground to prevent extinctions, preserve important habitats and sustain the vital ecological systems that underpin human livelihoods, thus enriching people’s quality of life. Through the power of many, we build the capacity of local organisations, combining knowledge and resources
Radio CatskillLiberty, NY
To make available to its community a 'broad range of ideas and ideals useful to a full and enlightened life' while also involving this community in the medium of radio to broadcast its viewpoints, concerns, needs and interests. To that end, WJFF's mission establishes three goals: (1) to engage the community in 'preserving and transmitting the community's cultural heritage and artistic expressions,' (2) connect the local community to the cultural heritage and artistic expressions 'of the global community,- and (3) 'promote understanding among people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds.'