Xavier Society for the Blind
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To provide the Word of God, and the best of Roman Catholic teaching and literature, spiritual and inspirational material, to blind or visually impaired persons of any faith in whatever format best meets their needs at no charge and to continually explore ways to make that material more accessible and available to the widest possible audience of those in need. To offer opportunities for volunteer service for those who wish to help in this work through their donation of time, talent or financial support.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “Provide reading materials of a religious nature to the sight impaired. the society maintains an extensive braille library from which publications are provided to clients on demand. in addition, the society maintains a lending library of books in digital media format, with at least three copies of every title for daily circulation.”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “Xavier society for the blind provides religous reading materials, primarily in the catholic tradition in braille and audio to the blind and visually impaired, free of charge.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is NY, as reported.
- The filing confirms that the non-profit's address in 2020 was 248 WEST 35TH STREET NO 1502, NEW YORK, NY, 10001.
- The form of the non-profit reports 7 employees as of 2020.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$90,431.
- The organization has 9 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1900.
- The organization pays $631,012 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $221,758 in fundraising expenses.
Carmel Rams Youth Sports Inc.Carmel, NY
Carmel Rams Youth Sports mission is to help raise responsible young individuals by instilling in them a sense of teamwork and leadership while participating in football and cheer or lacrosse. We are committed to building strong teams where student athletes, coaches, parents and members of the community work together as partners to provide a positive & fun life experience for all of our children.
Hampton Rocks for Charity Inc.East Hampton, NY
Hampton Rocks for Charity (HRC) promotes an annual concert in order to raise funds for several charitable organizations. Each year the charity attains a popular musician or musical group in order to generate contributions for these organizations. However, this fundraising event did not take place during the 2014 tax year.