Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Through Wikipedia and our sister projects, the Wikimedia Foundation is empowering people around the world to collect and develop knowledge under a free license, and to disseminate that knowledge effectively and globally. In collaboration with a network of Wikimedia affiliates the Foundation provides the essential infrastructure and an organizational framework for the support and development of projects and initiatives that serve this mission.
The nonprofit Wikimedia Foundation provides the essential infrastructure for free knowledge. We host Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, created, edited, and verified by volunteers around the world, as well as many other vital community projects. All of which is made possible thanks to donations from individuals like you. We welcome anyone who shares our vision to join us in collecting and sharing knowledge that fully represents human diversity.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is stated in the filing as “The mission of the wikimedia foundation is to empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain and to disseminate it effectively and globally.in collaboration with a network of chapters, the foundation provides the essential infrastructure and an organizational framework for the support and development of multilingual wiki projects and other endeavors which serve this mission. the foundation will make and keep useful information from its projects available on the internet free of charge, in perpetuity.”.
Their activities were defined as: “Wikimedia fdn supports wikipedia, its sister projects, and the wikimedia community to help the world share in free knowledge.”.
- As per legal requirements, the non-profit's state of operation is reported as FL.
- The non-profit's address in 2019 as per the filing is 1 MONTGOMERY STREET SUITE 1600, SAN FRANCISCO, CA, 94104.
- The form of the non-profit organization shows 229 employees as of 2019.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $22,844,336.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is established through an impartial evaluation and endorsement.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 10 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 2003.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $38,598,155 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $9,784,962 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Llvm FoundationLos Altos Hls, CA
THE LLVM FOUNDATION'S MISSION IS TO SUPPORT EDUCATION AND ADVANCEMENT OF THE FIELD OF COMPILERS AND TOOLS THROUGH EDUCATIONAL EVENTS, GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS, AND INCREASING DIVERSITY WITHIN THE FIELD OF COMPILERS, TOOLS, AND LLVM PROJECT. OUR MOST SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES ARE THE LLVM DEVELOPERS' MEETINGS WHICH ARE LARGE EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCES IN BOTH THE USA(CALIFORNIA BAY AREA) AND EUROPE.
Urban Initiatives for DevelopmentLos Angeles, CA
UID endeavors to empower the poor by offering training in skills and vocations that would help transform the community at large. The focus is living in the same neighborhoods where we work, at a lower economic level, so as to best understand the community we are working with.
Nizhoni Institute of MidwiferySan Diego, CA
Midwives are prepared for the scope of practice outlined by the MANA Core Competencies, North American Registry of Midwives Certification Guidelines, and the joint mission statement of the Midwives Alliance of North America and the American College of Nurse-Midwives which is:"The entry level midwife is a primary health care professional who independently provides care during pregnancy, birth and postpartum period for women and newborns within their communities. Services provided by the midwife include education and health promotion. With additional education and experience, the midwife may provide well-women gynecological care, including family planning services. When the care rquired extends beyond the midwife's abilities, the midwife has a mechanism for consultation, referral and continued involvement.".
Ruby Central IncWest Hollywood, CA
Ruby Central is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing the Ruby programming language and worldwide Ruby community. Ruby Central strives to accomplish this vision through fostering a global, safe, and inclusive community; producing impactful events and providing a powerful technical foundation for Ruby.
Developments in Literacy (DIL)Irvine, CA
Developments in Literacy (DIL) was founded in 1997 by Pakistani-Americans who sought to improve the dismal state of education in Pakistan's underserved areas. With a strong focus on gender equality and community participation, we are dedicated to empowering and providing quality education to over 27,000 disenfranchised children by establishing and operating over 130 student-centered model schools in underserved regions of Pakistan. DIL directly operates community schools in Punjab and Sindh, and partners with non-governmental organizations to educate underserved children in all four provinces of Pakistan. In addition, we provide high-quality professional development to teachers and principals across the country.
Casas Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment SystemsSan Diego, CA
The specific purpose of this corporation is to assist adults and older youth, functioning at or below a high school level in attaining the basic literacy skills to function effectively on the job, in the community, and in the family.
Cyber Sikh OrganizationYorba Linda, CA
The Cyber Sikh Organization has been organized for charitable, religious, and educational purposes. Further general purposes are (1) foster a sense of community and reinforcing Sikh values (2) provide a frame work for catering to cultural and religious needs of community through programs
San Diego Continuing Education FoundationSan Diego, CA
Mission: The San Diego Continuing Education (SDCE) Foundation exists to support SDCE in championing equity by fostering innovation, raising funds for scholarships, eliminating barriers to student success, and positively impacting the community at large. Vision: The SDCE Foundation strives to provide all students with the tools and resources to reach their full potential by implementing equitable programs that address economic insecurities and promote progressive, systemic social change.
Capital Airshow GroupMather, CA
The Capital Airshow Group 501(c) 3 plans and operates the exciting, family-friendly annual airshow event to honor the Sacramento region’s rich aviation heritage and veterans while using the power and magic of flight to inspire young people. The Capital Airshow Group gives back to the community through scholarships, charitable group donations and exciting educational youth programming throughout the year.