Habitat for Humanity Cape May County
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Driven by a vision that everyone deserves a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity Cape May promotes strength, stability and self reliance through affordable homeownership in Cape May County, NJ. Families partner with Habitat Cape May to build, preserve and finance a place to call home. We advocate for policy and systems change to improve home affordability with a focus on homeownership opportunities.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
According to the filing, the non-profit's mission is “Building affordable housing”.
When referring to its actions, they were described as: “Building affordable housing”.
- According to the law, the state of operation reported by the non-profit is NJ.
- As per the filing, the address of the non-profit for 2020 is 20 COURT HOUSE SOUTH DENNIS ROAD, CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, NJ, 08210.
- According to their form, the non-profit as of 2020 has a total of 35 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$46,434.
- The CEO compensation plan of the organization is determined by an independent party's review and approval.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 8 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1990.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization pays $486,209 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $10,688 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Cure Breast Cancer Foundation Inc.Clifton, NJ
Cure Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. was established and is to be operated exclusively to further charitable and scientific purposes. The foundation will raise funds from fundraising events such as golf outings and other fundraising events, investment income and contributions from individuals and the business community. The foundation will make grants to support activities and projects relating to the causes, prevention, treatment and cure of breast cancer, such as research, drug trials and other medical and/or scientific activities and projects.
Shining Schools Inc.East Orange, NJ
Shining Schools is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Pride Academy Charter School in its mission of educating, empowering, and shaping young lives. Through its development efforts with the community, Shining Schools helps Pride Academy sustain a safe learning environment dedicated to academic achievement and the core values of peace, respect, integrity, determination, and empathy.
Beauty Foundation for Womens Cancer CareTinton Falls, NJ
The Beauty Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that empowers families who are actively fighting cancer through direct monetary grants. Our mission is to ease the stressful financial strains associated with cancer and to allow patients and their families to focus on the most important thing - their journey through cancer. Grants can be used at the recipient's discretion for anything they may need during their treatment including housecleaning, groceries, transportation costs, etc. The Beauty Foundation also supports the development of educational materials and provides support to local cancer centers. Our goal is to help inspire the courage, strength and confidence needed to fight cancer.
Good People Fund Inc.Millburn, NJ
The Good People Fund, inspired by the Jewish concept of tikkun olam (repairing the world), responds to significant problems such as poverty, disability, trauma and social isolation, primarily in the United States and Israel. We provide financial support, guidance and mentoring to charitable activities of modest proportions that are undertaken by Good People acting singly or in small groups. The Good People Fund operates responsively, flexibly and with a minimum of bureaucracy. Though rooted in Jewish tradition, the Good People Fund supports both Jewish and secular programs.
Greater Newark Housing Partnership Inc.Newark, NJ
To develop, on a nonprofit basis, one or more housing projects for persons of low and moderate income where no adequate housing exists for such persons, which project is to be funded by government aided or other permanent financing as provided for in relevant state and federal statutes. The corporation is empowered to do and perform all acts reasonably necessary to accomplish the purposes of the corporation. In connection with these activities, the corporation seeks to lessen the burden of providing houses and other housing-related issues of both Greater Newark and the state of New Jersey, by seeking public private cooperation in connection with the development of affordable housing.