Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for York Hospital? Learn more here.
About this organization
York Hospital is a premier community teaching hospital providing quality, cost-effective health care services strongly supporting excellence in education, and offering essential services without regard for an individual's ability to pay.
WellSpan York Hospital is the region's leader in advanced specialty care. What began in 1880 has become a 572-bed community teaching hospital that employs more then 4,800 people and serves a population of more than 520,000 in south central Pennsylvania. WellSpan York Hospital offers services and programs that feature highly skilled clinical staff, life-saving technology and state-of-the-art facilities to address some of the most complex medical, surgical and behavioral conditions.WellSpan York Hospital has been designated as a Bariatric Center for Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery; recognized as one of the Best Regional Hospitals in its Best Hospitals publication; named a Top 100 Hospital by Thomson Reuters, a leading source of health care information, on seven occasions. In addition WellSpan York Hospital has been designated as a Robotic Epicenter by Intuitive Surgical, accredited as a Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center, designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, and designated as a Magnet Hospital by The American Nurses Credentialing Center. WellSpan York Hospital is a nationally recognized teaching hospital with seven residency programs, five allied health schools and other training programs. More than 690 physicians and other professionals belong to WellSpan York Hospital's medical and dental staff.See Attached Federal Supplemental Information: WellSpan Health - 2018 Community Benefit Report
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing reveals the mission of the non-profit as “York hospital is a premier community teaching hospital providing quality, cost-effective health care services strongly supporting excellence in education, and offering essential services without regard for an individual's ability to pay.”.
When detailing its functions, they were listed as: “York hospital is a premier community teaching hospital providing quality, cost-effective health care services strongly supporting excellence in education, and offering essential services without regard for an individual's ability to pay.”.
- According to the law, the state where the non-profit operates has been reported as PA.
- The filing specifies that the non-profit's address in 2017 was PO Box 2767, York, PA, 174052767.
- As of 2017, the non-profit's form shows they have a total of 5678 employees.
- Operates a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $60,742,867.
- The CEO compensation scheme within the organization is based on a review and endorsement process by a neutral entity.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 8 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1880.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $338,445,437 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $785,992 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has a business related family member transaction.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Temple University Hospital Inc.
Our mission is to support Temple University and its Health Sciences Center academic programs by providing the clinical environment and service to support the highest quality teaching and training programs for health care students and professionals, and to support the highest quality research programs.
St. Christophers Hospital for Children
West Reading, PA
THE MISSION OF THE READING HOSPITAL IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, ACCESSIBLE, HIGH QUALITY, COST EFFECTIVE CARE TO THE COMMUNITY: TO PROMOTE HEALTH; TO EDUCATE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS; AND TO PARTICIPATE IN APPROPRIATE CLINICAL RESEARCH. ASK SOMEONE TO DEFINE A HOSPITAL'S ROLE IN THE COMMUNITY, AND MOST OFTEN YOU HEAR ABOUT SERVICES AND DEPARTMENTS, OR ABOUT DOCTORS, NURSES AND OTHER CAREGIVERS. IN ADDITION TO ITS PRIMARY ROLE AS A PROVIDER OF DIRECT CARE, READING HOSPITAL ADDRESSES ISSUES OUTSIDE THAT REALM THAT IMPACT HEALTH AND WELLNESS. IN FACT, A KEY PART OF OUR MISSION MEANS THE REINVESTMENT OF OUR RESOURCES INTO THESE EFFORTS, WHICH ARE COLLECTIVELY KNOWN AS COMMUNITY BENEFIT. WE ARE PROUD TO REPORT THAT IN OUR LAST FISCAL YEAR, WE COMMITTED MORE THAN 192 MILLION TO THIS CAUSE. OUR CAREGIVERS AND SUPPORT STAFF PARTICIPATE IN HEALTH EDUCATION, FREE SCREENINGS, AND IMMUNIZATIONS. THEY SUPPORT ACTIVITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH SERIOUS OR CHRONIC HEALTH CONDITIONS, ADVANCE SELF-CARE B