Lutheran Social Mission Society dba Lutheran Settlement House
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To empower individuals, families, and communities to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency through an integrated program of social, educational, and advocacy services.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as documented in the filing, is “We are a community based organization committed to empowering and serving children, adults, families and communities to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency through an integrated program of social educational, and advocacy services.”.
When explaining its purpose, the activities were described as: “A community based organization that servers vulnerable people living in philadelphia. our programs include a women's shelter, a senior center, a domestic violence advocacy a counseling program, a literacy program, an intergenerational farm and an after school program.”.
- The non-profit is legally allowed to operate in the state of PA, as reported.
- The filing provides the non-profit's address in 2019 as 1340 FRANKFORD AVENUE, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 19125.
- The non-profit has a total of 92 employees, as reported on their form for 2019.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $893,032.
- The organization has 14 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1902.
- The organization pays $2,924,829 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $187,104 in fundraising expenses.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.