Little Sisters of the Poor (Holy Family Home)
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To offer the neediest elderly of every race and religion a home where they will be welcomed as Christ, cared for as family and accompanied with dignity until God calls them to himself
The Little Sisters of the Poor, following the example of their saintly foundress, Jeanne Jugan, offer the needy elderly a family-like place where they will experience love and respect as they journey toward eternal life. Today, we offer three levels of care: - Independent Living Apartments: 30 apartments for low-income seniors - Personal Care: 22 private rooms - Skilled Nursing Care: 44 private rooms (Medicaid and Medicare certified) The Little Sisters live at Holy Family Home and are privileged to serve the Residents 24-hours a day, seven days a week. We take a spiritual approach to aging which is exemplified by the central location of our chapel, the presence of a full-time chaplain, daily Mass, rosary, and other devotions as well as regular availability of the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick. All Resident bedrooms are single occupancy and have private bathrooms. Some of the rooms also have private showers. Although each independent apartment has kitchen facilities, apartment Residents are welcome to enjoy home style meals in the dining rooms as often as they wish. They also fully participate in the life of the Home which includes Mass, recreation programs, and outings. The Little Sisters stay with the Residents when they are dying. The Sisters sit and pray for the Residents, taking turns during the night and during the day, as well as lovingly supporting the family members.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is outlined in the filing as “Operate long-term care facility for elderly residents.”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “Operate long-term care facility for elderly residents.”.
- The state where the non-profit operates has been legally reported as PA.
- The filing indicates that the non-profit's address in 2020 is located at 5300 CHESTER AVENUE, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 19143.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2020 reports a total of 148 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $1,917,711.
- The CEO compensation structure within the organization is not based on a review and approval from an impartial entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 4 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1949.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization pays $4,443,555 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $206,386 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Parker Personal Care Inc.Parker, PA
To provide quality, affordable housing and health care to low/moderate income frail elderly individuals. At least 60% of the elderly housed at the facility will be receiving discounted or free services, consistent with the charitable mission of the organization.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.