Garvey Manor Nursing Home
Garvey Manor Nursing Home
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Garvey Manor Nursing Home? Learn more here.
About this organization
Garvey Manor and Our Lady of the Alleghenies Residence is a 501(c)(3), faith based, Non-Profit, Incorporated Organization. We are a self-funded, privately owned Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Blair County, Pennsylvania. While predominantly serving elders of the Commonwealth, we accept admissions from anywhere in the United States, not discriminating based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability. Our campus includes a 132 skilled nursing facility, 54 unit Personal Care Residence, and 3 independent living residential apartments. Our Mission is: "To Promote and provide professional quality of care and service in an atmosphere reflecting Christ's compassion, love, and concern for the elderly.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
According to the filing, the non-profit's mission is “Garvey manor operates a 132 licensed bed nursing home and a 54 licensed bed personal care home and 2 residential living apartments.”.
When referring to its actions, they were described as: “Garvey manor operates a 132 licensed bed nursing home and a 54 licensed bed personal care home and 2 residential living apartments.”.
- According to the law, the state of operation reported by the non-profit is PA.
- According to their form, the non-profit as of 2017 has a total of 359 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$268,953.
- The CEO compensation plan of the organization is determined by an independent party's review and approval.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 14 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1965.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization pays $10,835,946 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $28,165 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania
From groundbreaking research to increased opportunities for the best and brightest students, support for Penn advances key priorities—at the University level and for each School and Center—to help us meet the unique challenges of our time.
Temple University-Of the Commonwealth System of Higher Educ
Temple University is a national center of excellence in teaching and research with an international presence. Our talented faculty and broad curriculum of approximately 500 academic programs provide superior educational opportunities for academically talented and highly motivated students, without regard to their status or station in life.
Temple University Hospital Inc.
Our mission is to support Temple University and its Health Sciences Center academic programs by providing the clinical environment and service to support the highest quality teaching and training programs for health care students and professionals, and to support the highest quality research programs.