Habitat for Humanity of Berks County
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity of Berks County is a non-profit 501(c)(3) ecumenical Christian charitable organization which exists to create affordable home ownership opportunities with and for moderate-income families. Families who purchase Habitat for Humanity homes must first contribute 300 hours labor on a Habitat home, a contribution we call “sweat-equity”. Homes are sold to the families at no profit, and financed with low-interest mortgages. We rely on volunteers and families contributing sweat-equity for the “un-skilled” labor needed to build the homes. Working in this way, we believe we provide families a “hand-up” rather than a “hand-out" while also providing a way for good people to assist hard-working families in our community.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “Habitat for humanity of berks county, inc. (hfhbc) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization that believes all people deserve a decent life and the power to build their own futures. hfhbc exists to create affordable home ownership opportunities for moderate income families.”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “To create affordable home ownership opportunities for moderate income families”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is PA, as reported.
- The filing confirms that the non-profit's address in 2020 was 201 WASHINGTON STREET NO 329, READING, PA, 19601.
- The form of the non-profit reports 15 employees as of 2020.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $63,818.
- The organization has 16 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1988.
- The organization pays $571,030 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $54,313 in fundraising expenses.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.