Habitat for Humanity of Chester County, Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing clearly states the mission of the non-profit as “Provide low income housing to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness. construct simple, decent, affordable housing for low income families. make building materials available to homeowners at a low price.”.
When outlining its functions, they were explained as: “Provide low income housing to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness. construct simple, decent, affordable housing for low income families. make building materials available to homeowners at a low price.”.
- In compliance with legal regulations, the non-profit has reported their state of operation as PA.
- The filing records the non-profit's address for 2020 as 1847 E LINCOLN HIGHWAY, COATESVILLE, PA, 19320.
- As of 2020, the non-profit's form reports a total of 39 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $16,751.
- The CEO's salary plan within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 15 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1988.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $939,603 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $152,612 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Edward Taylor Coombs FoundationHorsham, PA
Our mission is to give merit awards to graduating seniors who have recognized potential or academic strength; they have a desire to participate in and benefit from further education and/or training and have shown both maturity and responsibility. The ETC Foundation was established with the intent of providing outstanding scholar/athletes financial assistance to pursue their higher education goals, so that they can reach their full potential. The scholarships will support visionary leaders of tomorrow who display exceptional promise today. A second goal of the foundation is to work with high school students around the issues of 'responsible decision making' through seminars, forums, videos and other education programs. Whether we are discussing safe and healthy peer relationships, appropriate usage of 'social media', as well as the consequences of drinking and driving, the ETC Foundation hopes to be on the front line of teenage and young adult education and empowerment.
Baden Academy Charter SchoolBaden, PA
To inspire personal excellence by cultivating the inherent gifts and talents present in all children by providing a curriculum which integrates the arts and sciences in a highly interactive, hands-on environment resulting in outstanding academic and personal achievement to emulate the classical rigor that will create a small, scholarly society of renaissance thinkers who value our humanity and our environment.
Centre County Childrens Advocacy CenterState College, PA
MEET THE NEEDS OF THE CHILDREN AND FAMILIES IN OUR COMMUNITY BY PROVIDING A COMMUNITY-BASED, CHILD-FOCUSED CENTER THAT FACILITATES A COMPASSIONATE, MULTI-DISCIPLINARY APPROACH TO THE PREVENTION, IDENTIFICATION, INTERVENTION, AND TREATMENT OF CHILD ABUSE.
Abolitionist Law CenterPittsburgh, PA
Abolitionist Law Center exists to promote the rights of prisoners and the wrongly convicted by educating the public about injustices in the criminal legal system, and about abusive conditions in the prison system; to provide pro bono legal services to prisoners in order to right injustices and errors committed in the court, and to litigate prisoner claims for violation of their civil rights; to advocate for the abolition of the prison system.
Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition On HealthPhiladelphia, PA
The Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health (GPBCH) seeks to increase the value of health benefit spending for its employer members, by improving workforce and community health, increasing healthcare quality and safety, and reducing health care costs. The Coalition represents employer interests in working with health plans, health care providers, benefits consultants, suppliers and other system stakeholders to address population health priorities and to ensure that when health care is needed it is accessible, affordable, high-quality, and safe.
Mt. Airy Art GaragePhiladelphia, PA
The Mt Airy Art Garage (MAAG) serves as an incubator for professional and emerging artists who work in creative partnerships with each other and with local adults and youth to spread the spirit of art, community and sustainable living throughout Northwest Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Youth BasketballPhiladelphia, PA
Philadelphia Youth Basketball (PYB) is a dynamic sports-based youth development organization with a mission to create opportunities for young people to reach their potential as students, athletes, and positive leaders. PYB is an inclusive, mission-driven nonprofit organization made up of individuals from across our city and region who share a belief in the power and potency of basketball when purposefully blended with positive coaching and mentorship, academic enrichment, health and wellness, and leadership development opportunities.
Publicsource Inc.Pittsburgh, PA
To educate and inform the public on subjects useful to the individual and community. Publicsource is an in-depth and investigative news group that provides Pennsylvania citizens with important information by writing stories explaining complex issues. Publicsource holds the powerful accountable because we believe that informed voters are the key to a democratic society. We provide citizens with in-depth reporting on the environment, the elderly, people with disabilities, health, criminal justice, money, and politics.