St. Mary Medical Center Foundation
St. Mary Medical Center Foundation
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for St. Mary Medical Center Foundation? Learn more here.
About this organization
Founded as a faith-based hospital in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, Dignity Health - St. Mary Medical Center is a 389-bed, nonprofit acute care facility located in Long Beach, California. The campus offers a full complement of services, including a Level II trauma center, cardiac and vascular center, maternity care, surgical weight loss and the CARE Center for the treatment of HIV/AIDS. St. Mary Medical Center Foundation supports the programs and services at the Medical Center. St. Mary shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/stmarymedical for more information.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as stated in the filing, is “To support long beach area dignity health dba st. mary medical center in providing health care.”.
When referring to its actions, they were outlined as: “To support long beach area dignity health dba st. mary medical center in providing health care.”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal obligations by reporting their state of operation as CA.
- The non-profit's address in 2017 is noted in the filing as 1050 LINDEN AVENUE, LONG BEACH, CA, 90813.
- The non-profit's form for 2017 reports a total of 0 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $12,293,956.
- The CEO compensation package within the organization is not established through a review and approval by a neutral party.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 38 independent voting members.
- The organization has a professional fund raiser.
- The organization was formed in 1970.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $0 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $728,624 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
West Hollywood, CA
Cedars-Sinai Health System, a nonprofit, independent healthcare organization, is committed to: Leadership and excellence in delivering quality healthcare services; Expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research; Educating and training physicians and other healthcare professionals; Striving to improve the health status of our community. Quality patient care is our priority. Providing excellent clinical and service quality, offering compassionate care, and supporting research and medical education are essential to our mission. This mission is founded in the ethical and cultural precepts of the Judaic tradition, which inspires devotion to the art and science of healing, and to the care we give to our patients and staff.
Community Medical Centers
Community Medical Centers is a private, not-for-profit healthcare network based in Fresno, California. We're led by local leaders and physicians focused on addressing the diverse needs and issues of central California. As the leading healthcare provider in the San Joaquin Valley, Community cares for more people in the region than any other. Community operates four hospitals, a cancer institute and several long-term care, outpatient and other healthcare facilities. Our mission is two-fold — to improve the health status of the community and promote medical education.
San Diego, CA
The organization's primary exempt purpose is to provide administrative support to its tax-exempt subsidiaries. In addition, outpatient services are provided to patients within the greater San Diego area through multispecialty medical group practices. Community members are offered a number of benefit services to assist them in obtaining treatment, and information is provided on topics ranging from disease prevention to improvement of health status.
City of Hope National Medical Center
Our mission is to transform the future of cancer care. Each day we work to turn science into a practical benefit; hope into reality. We accomplish that by unifying the branches of biomedical research, treatment and academia. Having scientists, treatment staff and manufacturing facilities in close proximity, our treatment advances can travel from laboratory to patient with life-saving speed.