Hawaii Peoples Fund
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Hawaii People's Fund supports, funds, and amplifies the work of Hawaii-based grassroots organizations challenging systems of oppression. Hawaii People's Fund is a unique partnership of activists and donors propelling a grassroots movement to eliminate oppression and injustice in pursuit of a just, equitable, and sustainable Hawaii. Hawaii People's Fund strives to serve as a model for progressive, informed philanthropy. Community-raised funds are redistributed through a consensus-based, activist-empowered grantmaking process, providing financial resources, technical assistance, and unique networking opportunities to Hawaii-based grassroots movement builders.
Hawaii People's Fund brings together those who want to invest in justice with those who are actively pursuing justice in a united vision for social change. Our philosophy of community-based strategic philanthropy offers a unique alternative to traditional charitable giving. Individuals who contribute to Hawaii People's Fund are investing in our community's future by supporting projects that seek out the root causes of social problems and pose new solutions. Provides grants, technical assistance and unique networking opportunities to grassroots organizations working for social change throughout Hawaii. It strives to serve as a model progressive informed philanthropy.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
From their filing, the objective of the non-profit is stated as “The hawaii people's fund is a partnership of activists and donors who share a vision of a just, equitable and sustainable society. we fund groups challenging institutions and attitudes which foster economic, social, racial and gender inequalities. funds are raised from progressive donors and distributed through a democratic, activist-empowered process. the hawaii people's fund provides grants, technical assistance and unique networking opportunities to grassroots organizations working for social change throughout hawaii. we strive to serve as a model for progressive, informed philanthropy.”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “Community-based public foundation. collectively, we support, gather and strengthen local grassroots movements for justice and progressive change.”.
- The legally reported state of operation for the non-profit is HI.
- According to the filing, the non-profit's address in 2019 is 949 KAPIOLANI BOULEVARD SUITE 107, HONOLULU, HI, 96814.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2019 reports a total of 1 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $100,000 and $250,000.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is $651,067.
- The CEO's compensation within the organization is determined through a thorough evaluation by an impartial entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 11 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1972.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $53,390 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $15,082 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.