Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego
Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego? Learn more here.
About this organization
Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego exists to exemplify the scriptural values of mercy and hospitality by WITNESSING the gospel message contained in "Matthew 25:"; to advocate for a just society by CALLING individuals and institutions to action on behalf of the poor, the vulnerable and the marginalized; and to acknowledge the sacredness of the human person by ACCOMPANYING those we serve on their journey toward achieving their full potential as persons created in the image and likeness of God.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing reveals the mission of the non-profit as “Catholic charities diocese of san diego exists to witness actively on behalf of the scriptural values of mercy and justice, to acknowledge the sacredness of the human person by working to enhance the quality of life of each individual, and to advocate for a just society by calling men and women to action on behalf of the poor.our purpose is to meet the challenge of the ever-changing community by utilizing spiritual, human and financial resources to enable those we serve to experience dignity and respect.”.
When detailing its duties, they were outlined as: “We exist to witness actively on behalf of the scriptural values of mercy & justice, to acknowledge the sacredness of the human person by working to enhance the quality of life of each individual, & to advocate for a just society by calling to action on behalf of the poor.”.
- According to the law, the state where the non-profit operates has been reported as CA.
- The non-profit's form for the year 2017 reports a total of 249 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $844,131.
- The CEO compensation scheme within the organization is based on a review and endorsement process by a neutral entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 12 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1974.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $7,389,837 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $69,511 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Alta Med Health Services Corp
AltaMed's mission is to eliminate disparities in health care access and outcomes by providing superior quality health and human services through an integrated world-class delivery system for Latino, multi-ethnic and underserved communities in Southern California.
Regional Center of the East Bay Inc.
San Leandro, CA
REGIONAL CENTER OF THE EAST BAY, INC. (THE "CENTER"), A CALIFORNIA NONPROFIT PUBLIC BENEFIT CORPORATION UNDER CONTRACT WITH THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES ("DDS"), WAS FORMED IN 1975 TO ADMINISTER PROGRAMS FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES AND THEIR FAMILIES, WHICH INCLUDES DIAGNOSIS, COUNSELING, EDUCATION SERVICES, AND DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION ON DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES TO THE PUBLIC. THE CENTER IS ONE OF 21 REGIONAL CENTERS WITHIN CALIFORNIA AND SERVES OVER 19,900 INDIVIDUALS IN THE ALAMEDA AND CONTRA COSTA COUNTIES.
San Diego Imperial Counties Developmental Services Inc.
San Diego, CA
To serve persons with, or at risk of, developmental disabilities and their families through the operation of a state funded regional center, and other specialized programs, in collaboration and coordination with public and private agencies and other agencies.