Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for JESUIT VOLUNTEERS? Learn more here.
About this organization
Aspiring to create a more just and hopeful world, the Jesuit Volunteer Corps engages passionate young people in vital services within poor communities, fostering the growth of leaders committed to faith in action.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing clearly states the mission of the non-profit as “Jvc offers women and men an opportunity to work full-time for justice and peace. volunteers are called to the mission of serving the poor directly, working for structural change in the united states and accompanying people in developing countries and embrace jvc's four core values of simple living, community, spirituality and social justice.”.
When outlining its functions, they were explained as: “See schedule o”.
- In compliance with legal regulations, the non-profit has reported their state of operation as DC.
- The filing records the non-profit's address for 2017 as 801 SAINT PAUL STREET, BALTIMORE, MD, 21202.
- As of 2017, the non-profit's form reports a total of 49 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $231,486.
- The CEO's salary plan within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an independent body.
- The organization has 17 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2008.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,552,791 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $359,629 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore Inc
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore provides a broad array of high-quality, cost-effective health and health-related services to the people of Greater Baltimore. Central to its role is the provision of undergraduate and graduate medical education and educational programs to other health professionals, employees and the community at large.As an organization founded and supported by the Jewish community, it carries out its mission with sensitivity to the needs of Jewish patients and staff, and asserts traditional Jewish values of excellence, compassion and community concern for all.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Inc.
JOHNS HOPKINS BAYVIEW MEDICAL CENTER, A MEMBER OF JOHNS HOPKINS MEDICINE, PROVIDES COMPASSIONATE HEALTH CARE THAT IS FOCUSED ON THE UNIQUENESS AND DIGNITY OF EACH PERSON WE SERVE. WE OFFER THIS CARE IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT PROMOTES, EMBRACES AND HONORS THE DIVERSITY OF OUR GLOBAL COMMUNITY. WITH A RICH AND LONG TRADITION OF MEDICAL CARE, EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, WE ARE DEDICATED TO PROVIDING AND ADVANCING MEDICINE THAT IS RESPECTFUL AND NURTURING OF THE LIVES OF THOSE WE TOUCH.