Village Senior Services Corporation
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
The plan covers a wide range of long term care services including a dedicated care team. The plan grew from 10,000 members to 13,000 members during 2018.
VSSC operates a partially capitated Medicaid Managed Long-Term Care Program (MLTCP) Plan, a Fully Integrated Dual Advantage (FIDA) Plan, a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (DSNP) Plan and a Medicaid Advantage Plus (MAP) Plan. The MLTCP plan covers a wide range of long term care services including a dedicated care team. The volume of members has increased from 10,000 members to nearly 13,000 members in 2018.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as described in the filing, is “Village senior services corporation (vssc) operates a medicaid managed long-term care plan and other insurance plans that coordinate health care services for chronically ill adults who wish to continue to stay at home and in their communities for as long as possible. it works closely with members' doctors to help set up appointments, arrange care, monitor medications and provide guidance toward the best quality health care options available. care, monitor medications and provide guidance toward the best quality health care options available.”.
When describing its duties, they were characterized as: “The plan covers a wide range of long term care services including a dedicated care team. the plan grew from 10,000 members to 13,000 members during 2018.”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal regulations by reporting their state of operation as NY.
- The filing shows that the non-profit's address as of 2020 is 120 BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NY, 10271.
- As of 2020, the non-profit has reported a total of 524 employees on their form.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $8,913,712.
- The compensation policy for the CEO of the organization is not determined through an impartial evaluation and endorsement.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 16 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2008.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $40,979,303 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Allen Community Senior Citizens Center Inc.Queens County Ne, NY
The mission of the Allen Community Senior Citizens Center is to programically serve the elderly in the community through the provision of a variety of comprehensive services that meet the nutritional, recreational, educational, informational and other needs of program participants in a caring manner.
Canaan Senior Service Center Inc.New York, NY
The Canaan Senior Service Center is a community based organization that reaches out to citizens 60 years of age or older in the Harlem community and beyond, to provide activities, programs and services which enhance their quality of life, diverse interests and needs.
Rise Boro Community PartnershipBrooklyn, NY
We unleash the potential of communities to thrive, no matter the odds. Since 1973, we've offered services designed to support every generation and meet the needs of communities. Our programs span across housing, senior services, health care, youth development, education, empowerment, community development, arts programming, skills training, homelessness prevention, and access to healthy foods.
Community Agency for Senior Citizens Inc.Staten Island, NY
The purposes for which Community Agency for Senior Citizens (CASC) was formed are: (a) To aid and counsel the members of the senior citizen community, as well as others in the city of New York, and particularly in the Staten Island area thereof, through consumer information programs, social and health services programs, and coordinated social and recreational programs. (b) To coordinate the activities and services available to the senior citizens community of the city of New York, and more particularly of Staten Island, by acting as a forum and information center for charitable, educational and social welfare service programs serving that community, and to this end to act in a liaison capacity with respect to all agencies, both private and governmental, carrying on such service programs. (c) To engage in public information programs with respect to the senior citizens community of the city of New York, and more particularly of Staten Island, and, in connection therewith, to support legi
Dorot, Inc.New York, NY
Dorot alleviates social isolation among the elderly and provides services to help them live independently as valued members of the community. We serve the Jewish and wider community, bringing the generations together in a mutually beneficial partnership of elders, volunteers and professionals. Our work provides an effective model for others.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.