MINDS MATTER SAN FRANCISCO
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Minds Matter San Francisco transforms the lives of low-income high school students with demonstrated motivation by broadening their dreams and preparing them for college success.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's aim, as stated in the filing, is “Minds matter helps high school students from low-income families in san francisco achieve academic excellence and gain admission to leading college.”.
When referring to its actions, they were outlined as: “Minds matter helps high school students from low-income families in san francisco achieve academic excellence and gain admission to leading college.”.
- The non-profit has complied with legal obligations by reporting their state of operation as CA.
- The non-profit's address in 2020 is noted in the filing as PO Box 2511, San Francisco, CA, 94126.
- The non-profit's form for 2020 reports a total of 0 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Revenue is between $100,000 and $250,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$145,486.
- The CEO compensation package within the organization is not established through a review and approval by a neutral party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 11 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2010.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization's financial statements were compiled or reviewed by an accountant.
- The organization pays $43,084 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $37,619 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has fundraising events.
San Diego Brain Tumor FoundationSan Diego, CA
The foundation is a voluntary grassroots organization dedicated to providing essential information and support for brain tumor patients and their families. The organization provides financial support, education and other services to these individuals.
Saddleback ChurchLake Forest, CA
Saddleback Church is a family — a place you can call home. It’s where you can find hope, healing, and purpose. Over the years, this family has grown and changed, but one thing will always stay the same: Our love for Jesus and for each other. No matter where you’re at in your journey, you can be confident that you’re more than welcome at Saddleback Church — you’re wanted.
Downtown Film Festival - Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA
Downtown Film Festival Los Angeles (DFFLA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to showcasing the best in independent cinema in the heart of the worlds Entertainment & Arts capital. Our programming reflects downtown L.A.s vibrant new urbanism, the unique ethnic and cultural diversity of its communities and neighborhoods, and its seminal role in the early days of American cinema. Set against the historic backdrop of City Center, DFFLA serves as a beacon for movie fans and industry professionals throughout Southern California.
East Bay Childrens Law Offices IncorporatedOakland, CA
The mission of the East Bay Children’s Law Offices, Inc., is to protect and defend the rights of children and youth through effective, vigorous and compassionate legal advocacy. EBCLO strives to provide a voice for children in and out of court and to promote positive outcomes for them.
Youthability Inc.Eureka, CA
Youthability's mission is to assist youth and young adults to achieve long-term independence by providing the education and training which leads to self-empowerment. Youthability owns and operates work training facilities to address the issue of underemployment for foster and low income youth in our community. Angels of Hope thrift store has operated in Arcata, CA since 2006.
Urban Surf 4 Kids OrgEl Cajon, CA
Provide foster/orphan youth water based activities while engaging them in volunteer projects. The activities expose foster youth to healthy outlets to empower them through volunteering. The program has changed the lives of our youth while installing self confidence and values that can serve others.