Catholic Charities Bloomington
Catholic Charities Bloomington
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Catholic Charities Bloomington? Learn more here.
About this organization
Catholic Charities Bloomington is dedicated to the enhancement of the dignity and functioning of all persons in the community-at-large though education, social services delivery and advocacy. We are committed to working within our communities to remove barriers that reduce the quality of life for the poor or for persons marginalized by our society in any way. We are dedicated to providing help and creating hope to all in need in our communities. We serve residents of the counties of the Bloomington Deanery of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis: Brown, Lawrence, Morgan, Monroe, Orange and Owen Counties, as well as the residents in Greene, Jackson and Jennings with our counseling program and shelter for homeless women and children.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing outlines the non-profit's goal as “Catholic charities bloomington is committed to enhancing the availability of quality mental health services in the communities it serves. we do this through the delivery of professional mental health education and counseling on a sliding fee scale and through advocacy for affordable, easily accessible community mental health services. we serve all residents of the counties of the bloomington deanery of the archdiocese of indianapolis: brown, lawrence, morgan, monroe, orange and owen counties. becky's place, a program of catholic charities bloomington is designed to "provide shelter and create hope" for women and children who are experiencing homelessness and moving toward a life of self-sufficiency.”.
When explaining its purpose, the activities were outlined as: “Catholic charities bloomington, inc. strives to live the gospel by embodying the compassion of christ and exercising leadership in: advocating policies and action that protect human life and dignity, promoting awareness of human needs and participation in social justice issues in light of catholic social teachings, providing human services rooted (continued on schedule o)”.
- As per legal reporting requirements, the state of operation for the non-profit is IN.
- The non-profit's address for 2017 is listed as 803 N Monroe Street, Bloomington, IN, 47404 in the filing.
- As per the non-profit's form, they have 0 employees as of 2017.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is -$127,604.
- The CEO's compensation policy within the organization is not established through a review and approval from a neutral party.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 8 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2015.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $535,049 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Community Health Network Inc.
COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK, INC. ("CHNW") IS A 501(C)(3) CORPORATION SERVING THE HEALTH RELATED NEEDS OF THE CITIZENS OF THE INDIANAPOLIS METROPOLITAN AREA AND CENTRAL INDIANA. CHNW OPERATES THREE GENERAL ACUTE CARE HOSPITALS AND PROVIDES INPATIENT, OUTPATIENT, EMERGENCY AND AMBULATORY HEALTH CARE SERVICES TO ALL PATIENTS REGARDLESS OF THEIR ABILITY TO PAY. CHNW'S MISSION IS TO: A) PROMOTE THE HEALTH OF THE RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL INDIANA BY PROMOTING, SUPPORTING AND FURTHERING THE CHARITABLE PURPOSES OF: COMMUNITY HOSPITAL SOUTH, INC., COMMUNITY HOSPITAL OF ANDERSON AND MADISON COUNTY, INC., COMMUNITY LTC, INC., AND COMMUNITY HOME HEALTH SERVICES, INC. (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SUPPORTED ORGANIZATIONS"), AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, TO CONSIDER, COORDINATE, AND FACILITATE THE ALIGNMENT OF INITIATIVES WITHIN THE COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK ("NETWORK"). B) SERVE AS THE PARENT OF THE NETWORK, AN INTEGRATED DELIVERY SYSTEM, AND EXERCISE COMMON SUPERVISION AND CONTROL OVER THE NETWO