Catholic Charities Bloomington
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Catholic Charities Bloomington is dedicated to the enhancement of the dignity and functioning of all persons in the community-at-large though education, social services delivery and advocacy. We are committed to working within our communities to remove barriers that reduce the quality of life for the poor or for persons marginalized by our society in any way. We are dedicated to providing help and creating hope to all in need in our communities. We serve residents of the counties of the Bloomington Deanery of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis: Brown, Lawrence, Morgan, Monroe, Orange and Owen Counties, as well as the residents in Greene, Jackson and Jennings with our counseling program and shelter for homeless women and children.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “Catholic charities bloomington is committed to enhancing the availability of quality mental health services in the communities it serves. we do this through the delivery of professional mental health education and counseling on a sliding fee scale and through advocacy for affordable, easily accessible community mental health services. we serve all residents of the counties of the bloomington deanery of the archdiocese of indianapolis: brown, lawrence, morgan, monroe, orange and owen counties. becky's place, a program of catholic charities bloomington is designed to "provide shelter and create hope" for women and children who are experiencing homelessness and moving toward a life of self-sufficiency.”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “Catholic charities bloomington, inc. strives to live the gospel by embodying the compassion of christ and exercising leadership in: advocating policies and action that protect human life and dignity, promoting awareness of human needs and participation in social justice issues in light of catholic social teachings, providing human services rooted (continued on schedule o)”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is IN, as reported.
- The filing confirms that the non-profit's address in 2020 was 1400 N Meridian, Indianapolis, IN, 46202.
- The form of the non-profit reports 29 employees as of 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is -$35,843.
- The CEO salary plan within the organization is not subject to review and approval by an impartial entity.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 11 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2015.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $670,540 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $308 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Friends of the Lerner Inc.Elkhart, IN
To promote, support, and provide financial and operational assistance to improve and enhance the operations of the Lerner Theatre, a municipally owned performing arts theatre and event space located in Elkhart, Indiana, and assist in the preservation of the historical facility.
Friends of the Rivers Inc.Fort Wayne, IN
Friends of the Rivers: Celebrating Fort Wayne's rivers as a source of recreation, community engagement and economic development. Friends of the Rivers is dedicated to enhancing the community's appreciation, experience, and use of the rivers. The organization provides river cruises aboard a 54-foot canal boat modeled after an authentic 1840's canal boat beginning in 2017. The 1840's-style, flat bottom boat will allow individuals to experience the rivers and the potential they offer for development, recreation, and educational programming.
Psi Upsilon Foundation Inc.Indianapolis, IN
The Psi Upsilon Foundation provides value based leadership development opportunities, character-building experiences and personal development through experiential learning, educational programs and participation in self-governance. The foundation provides merit and need based scholarships to members who have demonstrated a commitment to moral, intellectual, and social excellence.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.