The ALS Association Indiana Chapter
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
To discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The filing clearly states the mission of the non-profit as “To discover treatments and a cure for als, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by als to live their lives to the fullest.”.
When outlining its functions, they were explained as: “Indiana chapter of the als association (alsa), a national not-for-profit organization, providing services to patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (als) and their families.”.
- In compliance with legal regulations, the non-profit has reported their state of operation as IN.
- The filing records the non-profit's address for 2020 as 7202 EAST 87TH STREET SUITE 102, INDIANAPOLIS, IN, 46256.
- As of 2020, the non-profit's form reports a total of 7 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue less expenses is -$30,888.
- The CEO's salary plan within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an independent body.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 12 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1997.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $340,167 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $44,954 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization has grants to organizations.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Friends of the Lerner Inc.Elkhart, IN
To promote, support, and provide financial and operational assistance to improve and enhance the operations of the Lerner Theatre, a municipally owned performing arts theatre and event space located in Elkhart, Indiana, and assist in the preservation of the historical facility.
Friends of the Rivers Inc.Fort Wayne, IN
Friends of the Rivers: Celebrating Fort Wayne's rivers as a source of recreation, community engagement and economic development. Friends of the Rivers is dedicated to enhancing the community's appreciation, experience, and use of the rivers. The organization provides river cruises aboard a 54-foot canal boat modeled after an authentic 1840's canal boat beginning in 2017. The 1840's-style, flat bottom boat will allow individuals to experience the rivers and the potential they offer for development, recreation, and educational programming.
Psi Upsilon Foundation Inc.Indianapolis, IN
The Psi Upsilon Foundation provides value based leadership development opportunities, character-building experiences and personal development through experiential learning, educational programs and participation in self-governance. The foundation provides merit and need based scholarships to members who have demonstrated a commitment to moral, intellectual, and social excellence.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.