Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
We partner with mission-driven people and organizations across Cook and Lake Counties to witness a message of mercy and hope to a world in need. We are called to serve and accompany anyone, regardless of their faith, gender, race, or ethnicity.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago (“CCAC”) was founded more than a century ago to meet human need through the Mission of Charity. A trusted partner and steward, CCAC has grown to be one of the largest human service providers in the Chicago metropolitan region. With an operating budget of $180 million and more than 1,200 employees, CCAC serves nearly 400,000 individuals annually, many of whom live in the most underserved neighborhoods of Lake and Cook counties. We accompany anyone in need, regardless of their faith, gender, race, or ethnicity. In fact, the majority of the thousands of people we serve each day are not Catholic. The same is true for the majority of the people who work with us – they partner with us because they are drawn to our values and mission.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's mission is outlined in the filing as being “Catholic charities fulfills the church's role in the mission of charity to anyone in need by providing compassionate, competent and professional services that strengthen and support individuals, families and communities based on the value and dignity of human life.”.
When outlining its responsibilities, they were referred to as: “See schedule o for the organization's mission statement.”.
- The state in which the non-profit operates has been officially reported as IL.
- As per the non-profit's form for 2020, they have 3030 employees on their payroll.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$5,638,680.
- The CEO salary policy within the organization is subject to review and endorsement by an impartial party.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 45 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1917.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $87,363,836 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $2,444,372 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has a business related organization transaction.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Seek & Find MinistriesRantoul, IL
The mission of Seek and Find Ministries is to share the love of God through helping people seek and find the better way of life. We will strive to do this by providing nicely priced clothing, shoes, household items and furniture in our thrift store. We will also strive to help others by offering assistance in filling out job applications and resume writing; participating in affordable financial counseling and job skills training; and by providing the opportunity to pray with and be prayed for. We will strive to share the love of God in order to help lead others to Jesus; to seek and find the better way of life.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.