Habitat for Humanity Lake County, IL
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity Lake County brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
In the filing, the mission of the non-profit is noted as “Provide affordable housing to families in need in lake county illinois through volunteer efforts.”.
When referring to its responsibilities, they were outlined as: “Provide affordable housing to families in need in lake county illinois through volunteer efforts.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally registered to operate is IL, as per legal records.
- The filing documents the non-profit's address in 2020 as 315 N Martin Luther King Jr Ave, Waukegan, IL, 60085.
- According to the non-profit's form, they have 18 employees on their payroll as of 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$178,197.
- The CEO remuneration plan within the organization is subject to review and approval by an independent source.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 14 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1989.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $494,522 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $198,963 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Trinity Affordable Housing CorporationChicago, IL
To create and preserve safe and affordable housing communities for low and moderate-income individuals, families, the elderly and the disabled, as well as to provide social and educational services beneficial to the residents in those communities.
Illinois Independent Living Center Inc.Naperville, IL
Illinois Independent Living Center invests in the rights of people with physical disabilities to independence, freedom, and quality of life by designing and effectively managing affordable, barrier-free housing, and support services for individuals and families. As a non-profit corporation, we collaborate with the private sector and the public to expand opportunities for people with disabilities in Chicago's western suburbs.
Bickerdike Redevelopment CorporationChicago, IL
We, the members of Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation, are committed to the redevelopment of the West Town, Humboldt Park, Logan Square, Hermosa and Avondale communities for the benefit of and control by the low and moderate-income families in these areas. We are deeply dedicated to preserving the ethnic and cultural character of our neighborhoods, while improving the economic conditions of the community. We carry out our mission by: providing high quality affordable housing, struggling against gentrification and displacement, promoting economic development by creating and preserving jobs, and advocating for additional resources. In all our endeavors, we are committed to the principles of: honesty, openness, democratic process, education, involvement and empowerment of community residents, self-worth, self-respect, and pride. Networking with other organizations and stakeholders who share the vision of the community's collective struggle to control its own destiny is integral to Bickerdike's mission.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago IncChicago, IL
NHS' mission is to create opportunities for people to live in affordable homes, improve their lives, and strengthen their neighborhoods. We do this by: educating and preparing new homeowners for success; lending to help people buy, fix, and keep their homes; sustaining homeownership through foreclosure prevention services; preserving, rehabbing, and investing in housing; and building powerful and enduring community partnerships.