Eden Retirement Center Inc.
Eden Retirement Center Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Eden Retirement Center Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
CARE FOR THE ELDERLY OF THE COMMUNITY
EDEN RETIREMENT CENTER OPERATES A 128 BED SKILLED NURSING FACILITY (CARE CENTER) AS A NOT-FOR-PROFIT ENTITY FOR THE PRIMARY BENEFIT OF THE EDWARDSVILLE/GLEN CARBON COMMUNITIES AS WELL AS SURROUNDING AREAS. ALL BEDS ARE LICENSED AND CERTIFIED FOR MEDICARE WITH 110 OF THESE BEDS ALSO CERTIFIED FOR MEDICAID ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS. DURING THE YEAR 2015, THE CARE CENTER ENABLED 344 ELDERS TO OBTAIN THE COMPREHENSIVE, QUALITY SKILLED CARE THEY NEEDED. THIS INCLUDED ATTRACTIVE ACCOMODATIONS, EXTENSIVE REHABILITATIVE PROGRAMS PROVIDED BY COMPASSIONATE STAFF, AND INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES WITH RESIDENTS OF SIMILAR AGE AND ABILITIES. 22% OF OUR SERVICES WERE PROVIDED TO INDIGANT MEDICAID BENEFICIARIES, 14% TO MEDICARE RECIPIENTS AND THE REMAINING 64% TO VARIOUS OTHER SENIORS WITHOUT REGARD TO THEIR ABILITY TO PAY. THE FACILITY OPERATED AT A NEGATIVE GROSS PROFIT MARGIN IN 2015 AS REVENUES STRUGGLED TO KEEP PACE WITH THE GROWING COST OF PROVIDING QUALITY CARE TO OUR RESIDENTS.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is outlined in the filing as “Our mission is to sustain a culture that promotes dignity, individuality and care for those who live and work at eden village.”.
When discussing its operations, they were defined as: “Care for the elderly of the community”.
- The state where the non-profit operates has been legally reported as IL.
- The filing indicates that the non-profit's address in 2017 is located at 400 SOUTH STATION ROAD, GLEN CARBON, IL, 62034.
- The non-profit has reported 377 employees on their form as of 2017.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$259,453.
- The organization has 13 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1979.
- The organization pays $5,955,190 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Palos Park, IL
Peace Village is a retirement community that houses older adults ages 65 and above in independent living, assisted living, and memory care settings. Peace Village is located in the suburban Cook County township of Palos Park, IL. Peace Village aims to create a society that re-imagines and celebrates aging by carrying out its mission of “embracing the continuing vitality of our residents by fostering a loving and respectful community in which our residents' individuality is honored, wellness is supported, faith is inspired and friendships are made."