West Michigan Youth for Christ
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other likeminded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing sets forth the mission of the non-profit as “West michigan youth for christ seeks to reach young people everywhere, working with the local church and like-minded partners to raise up followers of jesus who lead by godly lifestyle, devotion to the bible and prayer, passion for sharing christs love and social involvement.”.
When detailing its responsibilities, they were listed as: “West michigan youth for christ seeks to reach young people everywhere, working with the local church and like-minded partners to raise up followers of jesus who lead by godly lifestyle, devotion to the bible and prayer, passion for sharing christs love and social involvement.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally permitted to operate is MI.
- The number of employees reported by the non-profit on their form as of 2017 is 39.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $22,697.
- The CEO compensation structure within the organization is based on a review and approval from a neutral party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 9 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1968.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,074,278 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $88,419 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Anthroposophical Society in AmericaAnn Arbor, MI
The Anthroposophical Society in America supports and furthers the work of Rudolf Steiner in the United States. It is an open membership organization that fosters self-development and inspired social engagement. Anthroposophy is a discipline of research as well as a path of knowledge, service, personal growth, and social engagement. Introduced and developed by Rudolf Steiner, it is concerned with all aspects of human life, spirit, and humanity’s future evolution and well-being. The society holds as core values inner freedom for the individual, and a social consciousness that recognizes authenticity and inquiry as essential to personal and cultural development.
Gamers Outreach FoundationSaline, MI
Gamers Outreach is a for-purpose organization restoring a sense of joy and normalcy in the lives of hospitalized kids. Each year, millions of children and their families receive medical care inside hospitals. For many, the process can be scary and isolating. During hospitalization, kids lose access to friends, school, and moments that typically define childhood. Gamers Outreach believes the world is better when kids can play, and gamers have the power to help. Through equipment and software, the 501(c)(3) charity is on a quest to make play accessible – building a world where every hospital is enabled to provide kids with activities alongside care. Learn more and get involved at www.gamersoutreach.org.