West Michigan Youth for Christ
West Michigan Youth for Christ
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for West Michigan Youth for Christ? Learn more here.
About this organization
YFC reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other likeminded partners to raise up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the Word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing sets forth the mission of the non-profit as “West michigan youth for christ seeks to reach young people everywhere, working with the local church and like-minded partners to raise up followers of jesus who lead by godly lifestyle, devotion to the bible and prayer, passion for sharing christs love and social involvement.”.
When detailing its responsibilities, they were listed as: “West michigan youth for christ seeks to reach young people everywhere, working with the local church and like-minded partners to raise up followers of jesus who lead by godly lifestyle, devotion to the bible and prayer, passion for sharing christs love and social involvement.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally permitted to operate is MI.
- The number of employees reported by the non-profit on their form as of 2017 is 39.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $22,697.
- The CEO compensation structure within the organization is based on a review and approval from a neutral party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 9 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1968.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $1,074,278 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $88,419 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Boys and Girls Club of Lansing
A DEDICATED YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FACILITY THAT PROVIDES YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS CENTERED AROUND: EDUCATION, SPECIFICALLY AFTER SCHOOL TUTORING, RECREATION, LIFE SKILLS, HEALTH, ARTS, MUSIC, AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF LANSING OFFERS AGE APPROPRIATE OUTCOME BASED YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS; EMPOWERS YOUTH TO SUPPORT AND INFLUENCE THEIR CLUB AND THEIR COMMUNITY AND DEVELOP A POSITIVE SELF IMAGE; IS A VEHICLE THROUGH WHICH ADOLESCENTS AT A CRITICAL STAGE IN THEIR DEVELOPMENT SUSTAIN MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS AND LEARN TO RESPECT THEIR OWN / OTHERS CULTURAL IDENTITIES; AND POWER HOURMAKES MINUTES COUNT
Brilliant Detroit is dedicated to building kid success families and neighborhoods where families with children 0-8 have what they need to be school-ready, healthy, and stable. We do this by providing proven programming and support year-round out of Brilliant Detroit homes in high-need neighborhoods.