Child and Family Charities
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Founded as the Ingham County Branch of the Michigan Children's Aid Society in 1911, the original missions of Child and Family Charities was "to secure for every child the same love and same opportunity that we would have our children receive should they become orphaned or friendless." Over one years later, the agency now provides critical prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery programs for abused, neglected and at-risk children and youth and their families-- directed at keeping families intact and a belief that the strength of the community lies in the health, happiness, and self-sufficiency of its families. Our Mission: To strengthen and support children, families and individuals as they evolve and grow in a changing community.
Interesting data from their 2019 990 filing
The filing outlines the non-profit's goal as “To help protect children by strengthening their families, promoting healthy personality development and restoring positive social interaction among family members. to offer a broad program of child welfare services and to work with the community on those programs.”.
When explaining its purpose, the activities were outlined as: “To help protect children by strengthening their families, promoting healthy personality development and restoring positive social interaction among family members. to offer a broad program of child welfare services and to work with the community on those programs.”.
- As per legal reporting requirements, the state of operation for the non-profit is MI.
- The non-profit's address for 2019 is listed as 4287 FIVE OAKS DRIVE, LANSING, MI, 48911 in the filing.
- As per the non-profit's form, they have 175 employees as of 2019.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$236,100.
- The CEO compensation package within the organization is determined through a review and endorsement by a neutral party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 16 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1971.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $4,661,992 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $347,202 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Apple PlayschoolsAnn Arbor, MI
At Apple Playschools, we embody inclusion, innovation, and environmental stewardship in entrepreneurship and education in order to make a more equitable world. Apple Playschools fulfills our mission by creating collaborative partnerships that support both children and adults in our community. We facilitate innovative, play-based early childhood education promoting interpersonal relationships, equity and inclusion, and nature exploration. We envision a world where all people are respected as capable, competent and empowered citizens of the planet.
American Islamic Community Center Inc.Madison Hts, MI
The American Islamic Community Center exists to instill a practical understanding of Islam in the community, which will inform the lives and behavior of its members. The goal of the AICC is for its members to become both better Muslims and better citizens the more they interact with the AICC through its programs and services. The AICC provides educational, social, and community service programs aimed at the Muslim community in northeastern Wayne County, southwestern Macomb County, and southeastern Oakland County.
Maggie's Wigs 4 Kids Of Michigan, IncSaint Clair Shores, MI
Maggie's Wigs 4 Kids of Michigan provides wigs and support services to children ages 3 to 18 at no charge throughout the state of Michigan. Our program is available to children experiencing hair loss due to cancer, alopecia, trichotillomania, hydrocephalus, lupus, blood disorders, burn survivors, dog bite survivors, autism, cerebral palsy and down syndrome.
Children for a Better LifeDearborn Hts, MI
Children for a Better Life is a non profit organization that is dedicated to the betterment of the life of disabled children, and committed to the United Nation's Convention on Children's Right. We aim at providing disabled children with the necessary physical, psychological and social rehabilitation, which would allow them to start the process of reintegration into the community, towards enjoy a full and decent life.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.