Kalamazoo Valley Habitat For Humanity
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Our Mission: Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, community, and hope. Kalamazoo Valley Habitat for Humanity (Habitat) is an independent affiliate of a global, nonprofit housing organization started in 1976 at Koinonia Farm, a racially integrated working farm founded in 1942 in Georgia. Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) and its affiliates remain committed to working to advance racial equity and strive to eliminate substandard housing locally and worldwide by building, rehabilitating, and preserving homes. Habitat also advocates for fair and just housing policies. Our shared vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live regardless of race, religion, sex, age, gender, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
According to the filing, the non-profit's mission is “Acquiring land and homes for the purpose of building new homes, and renovating existing homes to sell to very low income families under interest free land contracts or mortgages. the homes are located in urban areas of kalamazoo county, which are generally considered to be economically depressed. habitat's support comes primarily from the sale of homes, various government grants and contributions from individual donors and various organizations. kalamazoo valley habitat for humanity has implemented a home repair program, to help meet the changing needs of the communities we serve.”.
When referring to its actions, they were described as: “Acquiring land and homes for the purpose of building new homes, and renovating existing homes to sell to very low income families under interest free land contracts or mortgages. the homes are located in urban areas of kalamazoo county, which are generally considered to be economically depressed. habitat's support comes primarily from the sale of homes, various government grants and contributions from individual donors and various organizations. kalamazoo valley habitat for humanity has implemented a home repair program, to help meet the changing needs of the communities we serve.”.
- According to the law, the state of operation reported by the non-profit is MI.
- As per the filing, the address of the non-profit for 2020 is 1126 GULL ROAD, KALAMAZOO, MI, 49048.
- According to their form, the non-profit as of 2020 has a total of 27 employees.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$264,379.
- The CEO's salary plan within the organization is not subject to review and endorsement by a neutral party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 17 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1983.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $664,048 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $107,582 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Life Remodeled a nonprofit corporationDetroit, MI
Life Remodeled exists to bridge people across divides in order to help transform each other's lives. We do this by organizing and executing large-scale, volunteer-fueled neighborhood revitalization projects, driven by the expressed needs and vision of the local community.
Inner City Christian FederationGrand Rapids, MI
ICCF is a nonprofit housing corporation whose leadership is motivated by, and programs shaped by, its belief that all people deserve safe, clean, affordable housing. God has called us to seek justice in our community in response to the saving love of Jesus Christ, that others may see his love in action.
Bethany Housing Ministries IncMuskegon, MI
Our mission is to empower neighbors and build community in the core city neighborhoods of Muskegon by sharing God's love, as we walk alongside neighbors, seeking justice and a better quality of life for all through long-term, sustainable changes. Our vision is for restored neighborhoods, in which all neighbors have identified and have opportunity to use their gifts towards the building and strengthening of their community. We envision neighborhoods where all the assets of our community are fully utilized, so that our neighborhoods become healthy and vital.
Jewish Apartments & Services Inc.Oak Park, MI
Jewish Senior Life of Metropolitan Detroit is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for older adults of the Metropolitan Detroit Jewish community through the provision of personalized high quality programs and services that support the aging with dignity and choice, to maximize independence and embrace Jewish values.