BETHANY CHRISTIAN SERVICES INC
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Bethany Christian Services demonstrates the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services.
Interesting data from their 2018 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit is outlined in the filing as “Bethany christian services demonstrates the love and compassion of jesus christ by protecting and enhancing the lives of children and families through quality social services.”.
When discussing its operations, they were defined as: “Bethany christian services provides social services for children and families, including but not limited to domestic and international adoption, foster care to adoption, foster care, and refugee services.”.
- The filing indicates that the non-profit's address in 2018 is located at 901 Eastern Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49503.
- The non-profit has reported 1617 employees on their form as of 2018.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $2,162,908.
- The CEO compensation structure within the organization is not based on a review and approval from an impartial entity.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 18 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2000.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $51,642,416 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $2,027,664 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization pays grants to individuals.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
The PantryKentwood, MI
To provide a food pantry in Southeast Kent County, Michigan serving some of the most impoverished communities in Southeast Kent County. To provide holistic aid to our neighbors in need, supplying them with the food and personal care items that they desperately need now, as well as tools of empowerment, through education and one-on-one case management. Our goal is to equip our neighbors to transform their own lives - body, mind & soul - in the long term.
Children of the Rising Sun Empowerment CenterDetroit, MI
The mission of the organization is to foster and promote awareness and interest in the need for a more wholesome community through educational and service availability to children and their families and, thereby, improve the quality of life in Detroit and the surrounding areas.
Alzheimers Research AssociationSt. Clr Shores, MI
Organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code. Specific purpose is to educate caregivers of Alzheimer's patients, and to raise awareness of Alzheimer's.
Apple PlayschoolsAnn Arbor, MI
At Apple Playschools, we embody inclusion, innovation, and environmental stewardship in entrepreneurship and education in order to make a more equitable world. Apple Playschools fulfills our mission by creating collaborative partnerships that support both children and adults in our community. We facilitate innovative, play-based early childhood education promoting interpersonal relationships, equity and inclusion, and nature exploration. We envision a world where all people are respected as capable, competent and empowered citizens of the planet.
Furqan InstituteFlint, MI
Furqan Institute deliver a high quality learning experience in the field of recitation and memorization of the Holy Qur'an. The mission of Furqan Institute is to promote and provide relief, assistance or education, in connection with Qur'anic teaching and charity services.
Conscious Capitalism IncWarren, MI
Conscious Capitalism, Inc.'s purpose is to elevate humanity through business. We believe that business is good because it creates value, it is ethical because it is based on voluntary exchange, it is noble because it can elevate our existence and it is heroic because it lifts people out of poverty and creates prosperity. Free enterprise capitalism is the most powerful system for social cooperation and human progress ever conceived. It is one of the most compelling ideas we humans have ever had. But we can aspire to even more.
Christian Mission Aid Inc.Zeeland, MI
To assist the vulnerable and under-privileged, providing them with the basic necessities of life, meeting their spiritual, physical and social needs especially addressing child poverty and impact of diseases, disasters and social strife, especially in rural churches and communities.
Compassionate Friends, Inc.Wixom, MI
The mission of The Compassionate Friends: When a child dies, at any age, the family suffers intense pain and may feel hopeless and isolated. The Compassionate Friends provides highly personal comfort, hope, and support to every family experiencing the death of a son or a daughter, a brother or a sister, or a grandchild, and helps others better assist the grieving family.
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.