Covenant Medical Center Inc.
Covenant Medical Center Inc.
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Covenant Medical Center Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
TO PROVIDE DIVERSE MEDICAL CARE TO MEET THE HEALTH CARE NEEDS OF THE 14 COUNTIES IN EAST CENTRAL MICHIGAN WE SERVE.
ONE OF THE LARGEST, MOST COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CARE FACILITIES NORTH OF METRO DETROIT, COVENANT HEALTHCARE IS PREPARED TO RESPOND TO THE DIVERSE MEDICAL NEEDS OF OUR REGION. WE OFFER A BROAD SPECTRUM OF PROGRAMS AND SERVICES RANGING FROM OBSTETRICS, NEONATAL AND PEDIATRIC CARE, TO ACUTE CARE INCLUDING CARDIOLOGY, ONCOLOGY, SURGERY AND MANY OTHER SERVICES ON THE LEADING EDGE OF MEDICINE. ALL OF OUR PROGRAMS AND SERVICES EXEMPLIFY OUR COMMITMENT TO PROVIDING QUALITY, COMPASSIONATE CARE. AS A MEDICAL FACILITY WITH MORE THAN 600 BEDS AND A COMPLETE RANGE OF MEDICAL SERVICES, COVENANT HEALTHCARE STANDS READY TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE 14 COUNTIES IN EAST CENTRAL MICHIGAN WE SERVE. WITH MORE THAN 20 INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT FACILITIES, COVENANT HEALTHCARE OFFERS CONVENIENCE AND EASY ACCESS TO HIGH QUALITY CARE. THE MEDICAL CENTER PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2019: 6,612 WOMEN'S AND CHILDREN'S CASES, 3,928 CARDIOLOGY CASES, 3,823 GENERAL MEDICAL CASES, 2,400 ORTHOPEDIC CARE CASES, AND 2,723 PULMONARY.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
From their filing, the objective of the non-profit is stated as “To provide diverse medical care to meet the health care needs of the 14 counties in east central michigan we serve.”.
When talking about its functions, they were outlined as: “To provide diverse medical care to meet the health care needs of the 14 counties in east central michigan we serve.”.
- The legally reported state of operation for the non-profit is MI.
- According to the filing, the non-profit's address in 2017 is 1447 N HARRISON, SAGINAW, MI, 48602.
- The non-profit organization as of 2017 has a total of 5407 employees reported on their form.
- Operates a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Has foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $40,333,859.
- The CEO's compensation within the organization is determined through a thorough evaluation by an impartial entity.
- The organization elects its board members.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has a foreign financial account.
- The organization has 14 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1997.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule J.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization engages in lobbying activities.
- The organization pays $319,291,172 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization has a business related family member transaction.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
METRO HEALTH'S MISSION IS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF OUR COMMUNITIES. TO THAT END THE ORGANIZATION BELIEVES THE FOUNDATION OF GOOD HEALTH IS BASED ON EXCELLENT QUALITY PRIMARY CARE. THE ORGANIZATION IS ANCHORED BY A 208-BED, GENERAL ACUTE CARE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL. ADDITIONALLY, IT OPERATES 13 NEIGHBORHOOD OUTPATIENT CENTERS, STUDENT HEALTH FACILITIES AT GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY AND A COMMUNITY CLINIC FOR THE UNDERSERVED. THE NEIGHBORHOOD OUTPATIENT CENTERS RING THE ORGANIZATION'S SERVICE AREA, ALLOWING PATIENTS ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE CLOSE TO HOME; SERVICES AT THEM INCLUDE PRIMARY CARE, LAB SERVICES, MAMMOGRAPHY, X-RAY AND PHYSICAL THERAPY. IN ADDITION TO PRIMARY CARE SERVICES, THE ORGANIZATION PROVIDES SPECIALTY CARE AT ITS HEART AND VASCULAR PRACTICE, CANCER CENTER, AMBULATORY SURGERY CENTER, OPHTHALMOLOGY OFFICE, SLEEP LAB AND OTHER SITES. THE ORGANIZATION ALSO FOCUSES ON IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE COMMUNITY BEFORE PEOPLE NEED HEALTHCARE. IT DOES THIS THROUGH