Racine Habitat For Humanity
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people from all faiths and walks of life to work together in partnership, building houses with families in need.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The non-profit's mission, as documented in the filing, is “An affiliate of habitat for humanity international, racine habitat for humanity, inc. tries to eliminate poverty housing and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.”.
When explaining its purpose, the activities were described as: “An affiliate of habitat for humanity international, racine habitat for humanity, inc. tries to eliminate poverty housing and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.”.
- The non-profit is legally allowed to operate in the state of WI, as reported.
- The filing provides the non-profit's address in 2020 as 1501 VILLA STREET, RACINE, WI, 53403.
- The non-profit has a total of 12 employees, as reported on their form for 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Provides credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$46,203.
- The CEO remuneration policy within the organization is not established through a review and endorsement from a neutral party.
- The organization has a written policy that describes how long it will retain documents.
- The organization has 7 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1988.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $223,989 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $6,810 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has a written whistleblower policy.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Pillars, Inc.Appleton, WI
Mission Statement: From homelessness to coming home, Pillars provides shelter, support, and solutions to address the housing needs in our community. Vision Statement: To lead our community in finding innovative, effective solutions so experiences of homelessness are rare and brief and everyone has a place to call home. Values: Respect | Collaboration | Empowerment | Grit
Trinity Terrace Inc.Watertown, WI
Trinity Terrace is an independent living, low income housing facility with 39 units. It has one bedroom and studio apartments for independent seniors. The building also has a secured locked entry, beauty/barber shop, computer center with free internet access, and parking.
Walnut Way Conservation Corp Charitable OrgMilwaukee, WI
Walnut Way works from strengths-based programming and is called to a vision of abundance. Since its purposeful beginnings, Walnut Way has reclaimed its neighborhood, driven out crime, and created a close-knit neighborhood of compassionate and involved residents.
Hope & A Future III Inc.Madison, WI
OUR MISSION IS TO PROMOTE MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN YOUNG AND OLD, EMPOWERING INDIVIDUALS TO SERVE AND STRENGTHEN ONE ANOTHER IN A DIVERSE, FAITH-BASED, GREEN COMMUNITY. HOPE & A FUTURE IS CREATING A PIONEERING MODEL CALLED A THERAPEUTIC INTERACTIVE INTERGENERATIONAL NEIGHBORHOOD (TIIN). SENIORS AND FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN LIVING AT LOW SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS HELP WHILE BEING HELPED. THE COMPLETED MODEL WILL INCLUDE ASSISTED AND INDEPENDENT AFFORDABLE HOUSING, INDOOR AND OUTDOOR COMMUNITY SPACE AND ON-SITE SERVICES. THIS PIONEERING MODEL EMBRACES CONCEPTS NOW OUTLINED BY THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION'S COMMISSION ON SOCIAL DETERMINANTS OF HEALTH FRAMEWORK AND SOCIAL CAPITAL THEORY. IN BRIEF, HEALTH IS A HOLISTIC CONCEPT THAT IS AFFECTED BY FAR MORE THAN OUR BIOLOGY. PEOPLE NEED SAFETY, PURPOSE AND BELONGING AS MUCH AS THEY NEED INCOME, FOOD AND SHELTER. OUR GOAL IS TO CREATE GENERATIONS OF PURPOSE!
By donating on this page you are making an irrevocable contribution to Daffy Charitable Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and a subsequent donation recommendation to the charity listed above, subject to our Member Agreement. Contributions are generally eligible for a charitable tax-deduction and a yearly consolidated receipt will be provided by Daffy. Processing fees may be applied and will reduce the value available to send to the end charity. The recipient organizations have not provided permission for this listing and have not reviewed the content.
Donations to organizations are distributed as soon as the donation is approved and the funds are available. In the rare event that Daffy is unable to fulfill the donation request to this charity, you will be notified and given the opportunity to choose another charity. This may occur if the charity is unresponsive or if the charity is no longer in good standing with regulatory authorities.