Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
Do you work for Act Inc.? Learn more here.
About this organization
HELPING PEOPLE ACHIEVE EDUCATION AND WORKPLACE SUCCESS
EDUCATION ASSESSMENT PROGRAM - ACT'S EDUCATION ASSESSMENT PROGRAM IS DESIGNED AND DEVELOPED TO INFORM INDIVIDUALS (AND THOSE HELPING THEM) ABOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN EDUCATION AND EVENTUALLY CAREER. INFORMATION RESULTING FROM THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE ASSESSMENTS ENABLE INDIVIDUALS TO PREPARE THEMSELVES FOR A NEXT LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING. THE ASSESSMENTS PROVIDE EDUCATORS AND TRAINERS WITH INFORMATION USEFUL IN GUIDING THEIR TEACHING AND INSTRUCTION. COLLECTIVELY, DATA RESULTING FROM THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE ASSESSMENTS FACILITATES RESEARCH ON EFFECTIVE EDUCATIONAL PRACTICES OF VALUE TO NATIONAL, STATE AND LOCAL EDUCATORS AND POLICY MAKERS.
Interesting data from their 2017 990 filing
The filing reveals the mission of the non-profit as “Act, inc. (act) was established as a corporation not for pecuniary profit under the laws of the state of iowa on august 23, 1960. the purpose and mission of act is to advance education by providing programs, services, and conducting research that assists: a) individuals planning and pursuing education and training, b) educators delivering instruction and training, and c) policy makers concerned with ensuring that individuals are ready for education and workplace success.”.
When detailing its functions, they were listed as: “Helping people achieve education and workplace success”.
- According to the law, the state where the non-profit operates has been reported as IA.
- The filing specifies that the non-profit's address in 2017 was PO BOX 168, IOWA CITY, IA, 522430168.
- As of 2017, the non-profit's form shows they have a total of 1598 employees.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue is greater than $1,000,000.
- Revenue less expenses is $22,376,357.
- The organization has 9 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1960.
- The organization pays $125,097,273 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
Additional Non-Profits in the area
Hispanic Educational Resources/Conmigo
Des Moines, IA
Hispanic Educational Resources strives to foster a cooperative effort and harmonious relationship among community groups of different cultural, economic religious and social characteristics. We endeavor to provide educational facilities for Hispanic individuals and others interested in the Hispanic community. We provide a community center for the Hispanic community where social events can be held.
Sheldon Community School Educational Foundation
THE CORPORATION IS ORGANIZED AND SHALL BE OPERATED EXCLUSIVELY FOR EDUCATIONAL, CHARITABLE AND SCIENTIFIC PURPOSES AND; TO MAINTAIN, DEVELOP, INCREASE AND EXTEND THE FACILITIES, SERVICES AND RESOURCES OF THE SHELDON COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT, AND TO PROVIDE BROADER EDUCATIONAL SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES TO ITS STUDENTS, STAFF, FACULTY AND THE RESIDENTS OF THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA WHICH IT SERVES.