Habitat for Humanity of Council Bluffs
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness worldwide and to making adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people from all faiths and walks of life to work together in partnership, building houses with families in need.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
The purpose of the non-profit, as set forth in the filing, is “Habitat for humanity council bluffs mission is to build simple, decent homes and to create safe neighborhoods in partnership with god's people in need. habitat forms partnerships with local churches, large & small businesses, civic groups and individuals who are dedicated to helping people in need.”.
When discussing its purpose, they were characterized as: “Habitat for humanity council bluffs mission is to build simple, decent homes and to create safe neighborhoods in partnership with god's people in need. habitat forms partnerships with local churches, large & small businesses, civic groups and individuals who are dedicated to helping people in need.”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally authorized to operate is IA, as reported.
- The filing confirms that the non-profit's address in 2020 was 1228 SOUTH MAIN ST, COUNCIL BLUFFS, IA, 51503.
- The form of the non-profit reports 11 employees as of 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $500,000 and $1,000,000+.
- Revenue is between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$5,473.
- The remuneration of the CEO of the organization is based on an independent review and approval process.
- The organization has 16 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 1993.
- The organization has a written policy that addresses conflicts of interest.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization is required to file Schedule O.
- The organization pays $164,492 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $24,596 in fundraising expenses.
- The organization provides Form 990 to its governing body.
- The organization has minutes of its meetings.
- The organization has fundraising events.
- The organization's financial statements were reviewed by an accountant.
Housing Trust Fund of Johnson CountyIowa City, IA
The Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County promotes and supports affordable housing in Johnson County. The two main programs are the revolving loan fund and owner-occupied rehabilitation. All support goes to those with incomes less than 80% of the area medican income. Some assistance is for households with income less and 30% of the area median income.
Ahepa 192-IiiAnkeny, IA
Ahepa 192 III, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation formed in accordance with the not-for-profit statutes of the state of Iowa. The corporation was organized to construct, own and operate a 37-unit apartment community in Ankeny, Iowa, known as Ahepa 192 III Apartments, pursuant to Section 202 of the National Affordable Housing Act, as amended. The sponsor of the corporation is Ahepa National Housing Corporation.
Warming Shelter Inc.Sioux City, IA
Provide day & night emergency shelter for men, women and children who have been rejected by all other shelters. Since opening the shelter, deaths due to inclement weather have decreased in the Siouxland area. In the 6th season, no deaths due to exposure last year.
Hillcrest Home Inc.Sumner, IA
It is the mission of Hillcrest Home, Inc. to help older people live to their highest potential when they can no longer achieve that potential by themselves. We care for those you love as we strive to serve individuals without discrimination but with keen recognition of each individual's privacy, dignity, worth, and wholeness. Hillcrest Home is dedicated to help these people maintain and achieve the highest level of physical, social and emotional health by providing nursing care and independent living within our facility.