Friends of Campbell County Animals
Want to make a donation using Daffy?
Lower your income taxes with a charitable deduction this year when you donate to this non-profit via Daffy.
About this organization
Open intake animal shelter and animal control for Campbell County
We are an animal welfare rescue group with a government contract to manage the municipal Campbell County Animal Shelter while providing housing to the homeless pets in Campbell County and to provide an animal control officer. Our mission is to preserve animal life through sheltering animals in a humane environment, promoting pet adoption, fostering rescue efforts and inspiring advocacy. We urge responsibility and the importance of spay/neuter of cats and dogs, and to provide affordable spay/neuter opportunities to reduce pet overpopulation, thus striving to make Campbell County a low-kill community. At the beginning of the fiscal year the shelter housed 276 cats and dogs. During the fiscal year 2973 animals entered the shelter with 355 dogs and cats in-house at the end of the fiscal year. 99 animals were reclaimed by their owners, 285 were adopted, and 1901 were rescued. The animals are brought to the shelter by animal control officers, the public, and FFCA.
Interesting data from their 2020 990 filing
In the filing, the mission of the non-profit is noted as “Public charity for animal welfare and a rescue program for adoption, veterinarian and transporttion of dogs and cats to other areas of the country.”.
When referring to its responsibilities, they were outlined as: “Open intake animal shelter and animal control for campbell county”.
- The state in which the non-profit is legally registered to operate is TN, as per legal records.
- The filing documents the non-profit's address in 2020 as 364 ELKINS ROAD, Jacksboro, TN, 37757.
- According to the non-profit's form, they have 10 employees on their payroll as of 2020.
- Does not operate a hospital.
- Does not operate a school.
- Does not collect art.
- Does not provide credit counseling.
- Does not have foreign activities.
- Is not a donor advised fund.
- Is not a private foundation.
- Expenses are between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Revenue is between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Revenue less expenses is -$5,336.
- The CEO compensation strategy within the organization is not based on a review and approval from an impartial entity.
- The organization has 7 independent voting members.
- The organization was formed in 2013.
- The organization is required to file Schedule B.
- The organization pays $113,572 in salary, compensation, and benefits to its employees.
- The organization pays $0 in fundraising expenses.
Petworks Kingsport Animal Services Center Inc.Kingsport, TN
THE PETWORKS KINGSPORT ANIMAL SERVICES CENTER, INC. IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING THE BEST POSSIBLE CARE TO LOST AND HOMELESS ANIMALS. WE STRIVE TO END ANIMAL SUFFERING AND PET OVERPOPULATION IN SULLIVAN COUNTY THROUGH PROGRESSIVE AND PROACTIVE POLICIES AND PROGRAMS INCLUDING ADOPTION, RESCUE, SPAY/NEUTER AND RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP EDUCATION. WE ENDEAVOR TO PROVIDE A SAFE AND HEALTHY COMMUNITY FOR BOTH RESIDENTS AND ANIMALS THROUGH FAIR AND COMPASSIONATE, BUT FIRM ENFORCEMENT OF LOCAL, AND STATE ANIMAL LAWS AND ORDINANCES.